Worth buying the Colorfly C4 ?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by jamieuk147, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jamieuk147
    I currently use my nokia 920 phone which from reading gives amazing audio quality to my headphones. Denon D2000 + Sony MA-900

Someone has offered me the  Colorfly C4 for £350 delivered and I am considering buying it.

As I am unable to test it I am unsure if I would notice much difference over my nokia phone and Fiio amp?

Your thoughts?

I plan to listen to Flac or uncompressed Wav audio 

Thanks!!

2. ender323
    A FiiO amp? Probably a better idea to drop that cash on a new amp rather than a new source. The phone is pretty nice, but an amp upgrade could do wonders.

3. jamieuk147
    Quote:
    I have a Fiio E7 amp 

4. ender323
    Quote:
    Unless the Nokia allows for digital out and you are using that DAC, (I don't think it does) you are using the E7 amp only, and it's not a very good amp. On par with the E6 amp wise. I'd buy a new amp if you have that money to blow on headphone gear.

5. KT66
    I don't think the 920 has a line out, so adding an amp is pointless.

To the OP, that's a great deal, being in the UK these things rarely turn up used
    so get it, it'll be a jump up from your present sound and the D2000s deserve 
    something better

6. neptunegarand
    I've had a colorfly c4 since 2013 and its still rocking as hard as ever! the battery life has slightly lessened since (I think)... but I would buy it again in a heartbeat!