Worth building a cmoy amp if only using it with a Sony NWZ-A818 or 4g Ipod?
Jun 23, 2008 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mattrose85

New Head-Fier
I'm a total newbie with building audio electronics but I like to make things and I'm seriously thinking of building a cmoy amp from the great instructions by Audiologica.
I have nearly all of the parts ready to order from RS (as I live in the UK where almost nowhere seems to sell anything useful) and that comes to £27 (as I have to order 5 of most things
frown.gif
). All I'm missing is an Altoids tin, which I can't seem to find either, or another suitable case.
My question is that I have a recently purchased Sony NWZ-A818 mp3 player and also an old 4g Ipod (which I could mod); would using a cmoy make enough of a difference to warrant building one, or would I be wasting my time? I'll be using the sony inner ear headphones that came with the walkman but I would be open to buying some better open ones.
Many thanks

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 4
a cmoy built right is actually pretty good for the price. but i'm pretty sure you're not going to notice any difference with stock buds... just buy a cheapie cmoy from ebay and senn px100, it's a great starting rig. i don't ever use portable amp when on the go, but it's good for transporting somewhere and using it stationary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back