Worst headphones you've ever heard? / Low-fi experiences?
Mar 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #196 of 212
PureSound PUR1000s...  There was just something unsettling about the entire thing.  It was hard to explain, something just didn't sound right with them :p

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #200 of 212
I remember hearing the ATH-M20 once and being blown away at how bad they were.

A friend of mine has M30 which actually sound good, so it was really surprising but everything that came through them was so completely flat and lifeless I couldn't even listen to it. They were comfortable, though.

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #201 of 212
Quote:
Fake beats by dre. And the real ones 

ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, they have different sounds. But they're both equally bad.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #203 of 212
The Sennheiser HD 201. They were suposed to be very good for the price and recomended. No bass and the adjustments requiered to get a passable sound were imposible to make.
The Koss Plug. I gave them a try for like four times and then finally came to my senses and never tried them again. Just horrible, and every time I was walking I could hear my steps shaking my brains.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #204 of 212
has to be Audio technica ATH-S300 and Sony MDR-XB920. The ATH-S300 had mad sibilance even though the treble was severely recessed, the mids were not even there, transients were horrible and bass was so bloated. The XB920 was all about slow, flabby bass and recessed mids and highs.

Oct 6, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #205 of 212
Philips In-Ear headphones were touted to be an upgrade to Apple earbuds, but they were far worse, with muffled highs and mids and narrow soundstage that failed to exceed the narrow confines of the enclosure. Saintalfonso reported the same experience with these ear-duds...

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #206 of 212
The worst headphones ever? Not just some bad ones, but the actual worst?
Most of you here would probably describe this as obscene, but the worst headphones I ever listened to were free earbuds out of a kids airline lunch! They weighed about 0.2 grams, were shaped like dolphins, and didn't fit in my ears. Can't really describe 'em... they made the no-name earbuds I usually used seem REALLY good.
Comfort: Uh... it was the material of cheap plastic packaging.
Build quality: None, obviously
Sound quality: Almost as good as the internal beepers used in old tower computers...
Volume: MUCH too quiet to hear, no matter how much you amped it :) (more amp=more crackles, that's all)
Overall feel: Reminiscent of a spider web in one's ear
Durability: Last as long as you can avoid putting them in the trash (not very long!)
Isolation: All outside sound can be heard just as well as if you had a peanut in your ear...  but the person next to you probably can't hear them any better than you can.
Experience: Funny. Not really miserable, because it was so bad that it wasn't even like a headphone at all... just a quiet crackle-generator!

All this, and I still managed to use them with an old cassette player for an honest 5 minutes! Now that takes a real strong gut!

Dec 28, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #207 of 212
I just remembered something. Once I got in one of those Black Bag stores in New York City what seemed like normal, okay headphones. I wore them for a couple of hours while doing some errands and then got home, took them off and noticed something weird in my ears: The pads had tinted them black!!! I had to take another shower to get rid of the gasoline-smelling paint and then got rid of the headphones. That same day I got some Koss heaphones at Radioshack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back