WORST headphone you ever heard?
Mar 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #601 of 1,786
Quote:
That's another reason not to trust the graphs. They have no impact, so they don't really sound anywhere as bassy as a Solo.

Truth.

That's what I said earlier...the bass is nice and warm and the whole sound signature has a lot of warmth and actually, clarity as well, but there's no real texture and not much impact. They just don't sound like bass cannons. Also, I'm willing to bet that the non-noise cancellers probably don't have all of that bass extension.

Mar 5, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #603 of 1,786
Apart from the obvious Ipod earbuds, the PX100 for me sound pretty bad, so muddy and bloated bass with barely any high end or detail to them but they do have a decent soundstage. They were the first headphones I ever bought tho
rolleyes.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #606 of 1,786
Quote:
My experience with rapper/hip-hop endorsed headphones have been disappointing. Everyone here knows the names/models. 

Well true that, but remember most of the hard earned $$ from your pocket end up going as royalties to those rappers rather than the quality of the headphones itself. 

Mar 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #608 of 1,786
Probably generic no-name brands made in china that have foam buds that disintegrate after a couple of usages. They sound to me like im listening to music through an small muffled air vent.

Mar 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #610 of 1,786
I just listened to my friend's Pioneer hdj 1000 headphones ive been urging to get my hands on

Boy was I dissapointed

He said that they were old and they were broken, the wires mustve just been screwed up

It sounded like something you get with 30$ headphones except they were weak and quite

He did say he has listened to sennheiser hd25-1 iis and was blown away

Mar 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #611 of 1,786
Quote:
I just listened to my friend's Pioneer hdj 1000 headphones ive been urging to get my hands on

Boy was I dissapointed

He said that they were old and they were broken, the wires mustve just been screwed up

It sounded like something you get with 30$ headphones except they were weak and quite

Indeed their cheap plastic make me feel like they are a toy. Not impressed why they have a bad rep around here. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #612 of 1,786
In–ear: Panasonic RP-HJF5. Absolutely zero bass and razor–sharp hights.
Earbuds: Sennheiser MX 580. Same story.
On–ear: Philips SHL 9300. They just… Wierd. 
Over ear: Sony MDR XD–100. Uncomfortable, poorly made, zero sound quality for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back