WORST headphone you ever heard?
Feb 17, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #557 of 1,786
Quote:

I just went to a headphone meet that had half of those headphones not twelve hours ago. Nice try.

Yeh half....and I'm not allowed to have my own say?? Begone troll don't turn this thread into a flame bait. Everyone has the authority to have their own opinionated posts and I still stick by with what I have said because I have actually owned more than half the headphones I listed as worst headphones...

Either post something constructive or don't post at all. TMAC is watching.

Feb 17, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #558 of 1,786
Quote:
Begone troll don't turn this thread into a flame bait.

Said the person who posted a huge list of bashing well accepted headphones.

If you call everything schitt or crap or use faking every other 5 words, nobody is going to take you serious. You´re entitled to your opinion, but please, try to be a little civilized about it...

Feb 17, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #559 of 1,786

Yeh half....and I'm not allowed to have my own say?? Begone troll don't turn this thread into a flame bait. Everyone has the authority to have their own opinionated posts and I still stick by with what I have said because I have actually owned more than half the headphones I listed as worst headphones...

I am not denying you the right to your opinion; however, this being a public forum, I have the right to respond to your opinions just as much as you have the right to post them.

However, you do not have the right to make baseless accusations that I am a troll, discredit my opinion not only on a false assumption on my experience, but on the grounds that "I am not you" (as if only you have the right to hold an opinion), or attempt to threaten me with moderators simply because I disagreed with you.

I apologize if my original post was rude, but for someone who purportedly has as much experience as you do, and judging by your post count, has been on this board as long as you have, I think you are setting an incredibly poor example to others on how to respond to criticism.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #560 of 1,786
@ DefQon - in the spirit of the thread title, could you narrow down your list to one or two (ok, three if you must) of the worst headphones you've ever heard. A huge list of headphones you didn't like doesn't really belong in this thread.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #561 of 1,786

If you call everything schitt or crap or use faking every other 5 words, nobody is going to take you serious. You´re entitled to your opinion, but please, try to be a little civilized about it...

In all due respect, there are alot of headphones out there that people call "schit" because of hype, brand, or prejudice (towards headphones, rediculous).

All the newer head fi'ers screaming Skullcandy and beats when the only thing really wrong with them is their price point. Look at the Skullcandy Hesh 2.0, and even the Aviator. Both well balanced, fun headphones.

Now onto the subject at hand. My vote for worst sounding headphone goes to the Sony MDR-X10. Was expecting an amazing new set of cans from Simon Cowell himself, and all we get is muddy, mid lacking lovelyness :|

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #562 of 1,786
Quote:

I apologise if I have offended you or any other but really some of them are really bad. It's funny when people talk-down brands like Skullcandy and Beat's people don't mind, but when people start nitpicking on bigger brands and they get pissed? Oh the irony. Almost a prime example of the kettle calling the pot black.

Quote:

I am not denying you the right to your opinion; however, this being a public forum, I have the right to respond to your opinions just as much as you have the right to post them.

However, you do not have the right to make baseless accusations that I am a troll, discredit my opinion not only on a false assumption on my experience, but on the grounds that "I am not you" (as if only you have the right to hold an opinion), or attempt to threaten me with moderators simply because I disagreed with you.

I apologize if my original post was rude, but for someone who purportedly has as much experience as you do, and judging by your post count, has been on this board as long as you have, I think you are setting an incredibly poor example to others on how to respond to criticism.

I can make baseless accusations when you come in and post in a ludicrous assertion as such what you did in reply to my posts trying to piss another user off. I don't care if you like it or not, it does not give you right to down turn someone's opinion simply because you don't agree with it and yes your original post was rude. 

Join date and post count have nothing to do with about how much experience a person has with audio gear, prime example look at the friendly folks who registered last year in the anime thread and are already sitting in 10000's amount of post as their discussion is always about anime. Another example, how would you explain Contributors who are no longer active on this forum some with less than < 500 posts but have listened to more gear than both you and I? I don't need to post and contribute my opinion for some of the gear which other people have provided the same impression as I do with the product. 

To give you a brief background about myself, I started lurking here around late 2004, I watched Head-fi grow and change over from the new system, I saw contributors leave, I saw them pass-away, I ventured into this hobby with my dads speakers setup, got into IEM's when the first Shure SRH500 came out with the little PTH control module, my first thread here was asking advice for a good non-expensive downgrade like replacement for my UE18's, a nice set of CIEM's I purchased and had to sell off in 2010, a year before I joined and people didn't know if I was serious (qusp :) ) or not about what happened to my UE18's. I live 10 minutes away either by catching public transport or driving to the CBD where there are at least 3 headphone/amplifier stores which have more gear listed than the one's I listed and I can listen to them with my own or the stores source.  
Why did I register in 2011? Because I finally had ADSL (DSL) available at my property, I lived on a constantly d/c dial-up connection for 3 years before that would d/c as soon as a phone call came in. Proxies were in set for the Mac's we had at school and most stuff was blocked or filtered.

Now am I going to bump 6-7 year old threads just for sake of having my opinion recognised and bumping my post count up? Think again.

Over these year's here at head-fi, there has been a bigger veil users would have to get through.

Quote:
@ DefQon - in the spirit of the thread title, could you narrow down your list to one or two (ok, three if you must) of the worst headphones you've ever heard. A huge list of headphones you didn't like doesn't really belong in this thread.

You're right, most of my previous subjective listening evaluation for the headphones was not all of them was that bad, just some (namely the Ultrasones) have an extremely bad performance to price ratio I thought worth mentioning.

The absolute 3 worst headphones I'd have ever heard amped or not amped would have to be:

ATH-AD700's. KQ70X's and the M50's. Coincidentally the 3 most hyped headphones.

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #563 of 1,786
Quote:
Yep didn't like it one bit, what's funny is that I was actually given one from a friend who owed me from back in the day and repaid his debt by giving me his D2k with a separate Markl mod kit and J$pads....I sold it after less than 50 hours of head-time. I thought cables and few driver port and dampening would do the trick to easing down on the muddy bass reproduction....it got worse.

And oh yeh...forgot to add one more headphone to the craptacular list..

Audio Technica ATH-AD700...M50's being the most overrated, the AD700 would come a close 2nd, I feel sorry for the people's ear's that use these or proclaim they are really good for gaming. Ok I won't be harsh but headphones like the AD700 should be categorised with the Beat's. These are not bass-light...they have NO bass, literally you would get some crap bass measurements out of these for a FR graph. Soundstaging is OK, imaging is just mediocre. Skip these slumdogs out and put yourself in a pair of more comfortable shoes by buying the AD900's. 

That's perfectly fine, to each is his own. Perhaps if you were to try one later on, you might feel different. My opinions seem to change after hearing other headphones. Also maybe trying a stock one that was the last revision right before they stopped making them. Innerfidelity lists them as being the most balanced one to date. I have those one, so I don't know if that's the reason why.

M50 - yes I agree, quite overrated :)

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #564 of 1,786
Quote:

LOL Tracy McGrady head-fi's as well???

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #566 of 1,786
Quote:

That's perfectly fine, to each is his own. Perhaps if you were to try one later on, you might feel different. My opinions seem to change after hearing other headphones. Also maybe trying a stock one that was the last revision right before they stopped making them. Innerfidelity lists them as being the most balanced one to date. I have those one, so I don't know if that's the reason why.

M50 - yes I agree, quite overrated :)

I really tried liking the AD700 tbh, I really did, it was the perfect candidate for mods and gaming on the cheap (since I don't have to worry about throwing my HD800's around after a rage quit round of Battlefield or Cod). The 1st big issue with the AD700 was the wings on the headband, these are suited for big heads, there are numerous amount of users that had fit problems with the AD700's. 

The M50 was another one I really wanted to enjoy but it is just one recessed sounding mess. Heavy equalisation can balance it out.

Feb 17, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #567 of 1,786
I know we strive for the best in sound quality, but in looking for that alot of people around here must have come across some of the worst sounding equipment too.

iPod earbuds don't count, or the Dre Beats, they're too commercial, and that dead old horse has been flogged and turned into glue ages ago :popcorn:

So spill the beans, what's the worst headphone you've ever had the displeasure of putting on/in/around your ears?
lol its probably the glue that's holding the beats together right now :) :)

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #568 of 1,786
Aside from all of the crappy ear buds that never meant to do anything but create sound, I'd say that the Sennheiser HD 280s were the worst, given the expectations and cost. They were almost $100 and sounded boring. The fit was awful (extremely tight), the highs gave me headaches, the bass left a lot to be desired, and the pads began to peal apart within a couple of months. I can safely say that I hate the HD 280s.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #569 of 1,786
Got 3 pairs of some knockoff earbuds from who knows where for $5

I put them in, turned up the music.....  I tore those wretched monstrosities out of my head.

It sounded like a skwaking parrot being euthanized with a weed whacker.

All i heard was crackling, distortion.

100% crackling, 100% distortion, 0% fun, 200% pain

Instead of ever listening to them again, i took them apart for fun.  

I will never buy knockoff stuff even for the cheapest stuff again.

Never. Again.

Moral of this post: Dying animals aren't pleasant 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back