WORST headphone you ever heard?
Oct 16, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #334 of 1,786
Quote:
ATH-m50, apple earbuds, sennheiser IE8

eek.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #336 of 1,786
Since the OP advised to ignore the Usual Suspects for this thread (meaning I have to scratch the truly-execrable Beats Solo off my list), I'll just stick to a model from an outfit that should really know better: AKG's K 450. I've auditioned these several times, and it amazes me how these cans get several things right, but a few key things so incredibly wrong, at least to my ears.

- Barrett

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #338 of 1,786
Quote:

not the worst I have hears, but in my bottom 5. I got a chance to hear the new apple "Ear pods"; yuck. They sounded like the earbuds and most likely are the earbuds but with a face plate over the mesh allowing them to be corn-holed into your ear even harder and more uncomfortably then before.  Did I mention they sucked?

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #340 of 1,786
Really? I found the 201 very acceptable for the price, and I have the LCD-2. I'm not saying they're in any way equal, of course, just that I didn't recoil in horror when switching over. I did recoil. however, when I heard the stock Fostex 50RP. Eek! Give me the 201 any day.
i guess there not that bad but its the worst ive ever heard

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #343 of 1,786
Quote:
MDR-X10
'disaster', 'completely and utterly useless', 'nothing, nothing, nothing'.
Its true worth may be $29.99, not $299.99.

They have those for demo at Target. I don't like to base impressions on demos but they sounded pretty awful. Way, way too much bass and felt like I was strapping giant melons to my ears.
The Aviator right next to it for $150 sounded far better.

Oct 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #344 of 1,786
Not headphones, but the 140 dollar RCA 5.1 HTIB. Oh my god, its so terrible i cant listen to it enough to tell whats wrong with it.

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #345 of 1,786
Quote:

1. earbuds that came with my awesome Sanyo PCDP player, still have them somewhere, man they sounded like listening to a grasshopper or something.

2. AKG k701.

You can't be serious about the K701! I love my Q701's lol. Anyway, heres my respobse from a similar thread.
I have not listened too many headphones that claim themselves to be "Hi-Fi" or HD or Studio/Reference, but I do like in an area where everyone is convinced beats are epic. So I thought i'de try out my friends Beats SOLO's. Man, did they SUCK! I can't tell if he broke them, or if his chord was messed up, but they just absolutely were terrible! The soundstage was non-existant. It sounded like someone was playing the music from across the bus. The sound was muffled, and not detailed. From what i could hear, the bass was also much to accentuated and the highs were very soft. Terrible listening experience, and I can't believe anyone would be so clueless and say my Q701's aren't as good as their beats lol, what a bunch of clowns. There's my schpiel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back