WORST headphone you ever heard?
Dec 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #991 of 1,786
Oh man.. They are awful. Akg k44. They are like the universal remote in click.. I try tossing them and the come right back.

Hahaha don't you hate that?

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #993 of 1,786
Worst headphones I have ever heard? Some stupid dinky ones from the dollar general. I needed them to house some new drivers for a weekend project.

Worst ever headphones I have listened to that could be considered real headphones? I do not know, but I can say that I know of one that is terribly over priced and poplar that sounds pretty bad. 

Sennheiser HD800s. Don't get me wrong, they have great clarity, and have great sound stage.......but everything else is pretty bad. It seems like they sacrificed bass, mids, and any hopes of having a natural sound all for the sake of transparency. 

I have tried different amps, dacs, cables, everything. I simply can not find a way for these things to have the same full sound that even the HD600 has. 

The worst thing is the price. For 600 bucks they would be ok, but for 1300+........no.  

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #995 of 1,786
These:
http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-TuneBuds-Mobile-iPhone-Black/dp/B0015ADWMW

Bought them back when I was using cheap iems. Threw away the receipt, then realized this headphone had rolled off bass and midrange starting at 500 Hz, and elevated treble. It even hurt my untrained ears at the time. Threw them away in the trash a day later.

Dec 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #996 of 1,786
I've heard the Monster DNA. Shrill highs and noticed some distortion at high volumes (past 70%) + uncomfortable. 

Now going to my list of worst sounding headphones. 

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #998 of 1,786
Dec 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #999 of 1,786
I bought some earbuds at the dollar store for...you guessed it, one dollar! They sounded like absolute ****, but I guess they did produce sound, which is about all you can expect from a one dollar set of earbuds.

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #1,003 of 1,786
Hmm... The worst one I've ever heard was a pair of earbuds from "better than nothing INC." I got on a school visit. Muffled sound, no bass, trebles sounded like you were listening to a pair of speakers from 100 feet away, and the fitment was below par. Nonetheless, they were free so I just gave them away to unleash my inner Santa for the holiday season.

Dec 16, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #1,005 of 1,786
for me the worst "commercial" headphone brand selling here in the Philippines is the Infiniti brand, absolutely tinny, just sooo awful, even with the cheap price tag, dont go for it. If you want hi-fi on a budget, i recommend Soundmagic (for IEM) or Superlux (for HP), they are pretty common here.

my 2 pesos, i mean my 2 cents! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back