Headphoneus Supremus
What is the worst $15 you ever spent ?.

For me it has to be

The Attractions : "Mad about the wrong boy"

utterly dismal - worse than "Goodbye Cruel World"

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:07 PM Post #2 of 39
Moby 18.
eek.gif
"We Are All Made Of Stars" is the only thing that saves it, mainly because it reminds me of the 80's stuff that I really like. But the rest of it bored me to tears.

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 39
Grim Reaper - FEAR NO EVIL

though at the time, it was probably $6.99 for the LP at the local RTO. I tried to like it, but even then, I think I knew it sucked hippo balls..

I could list a dozen other very lame metal albums I purchased back then, but many of them have a nostalgia factor.. Helix, Krokus, Saxon, Raven.. all these bands started to suck after a few classic albums.. but it's hard to bash 'em... Grim Reaper was just plain goofy.

-jar

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 39
that one is way easy

the bands name was "Sparks" and the album name had something to do with "woofers and tweeters"

somebody say

[size=small]PULL !!![/size]

[size=medium]BLAMMO ![/size]

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #7 of 39
Bros - The Time

I bought it on the recommendation of an ex-girlfriend. Not my kind of music. Actually, I thought her taste in music was terrible. No wonder we broke up.
tongue.gif

D.

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #8 of 39
I know someone here likes it, but I thought Yo La Tengo's Nuclear War is the most dumb music I have ever heard. Strange, since they are otherwise excellent.

The Shaggs, who penned the infamous "My Pal Foot Foot" might be up for worst band of all time, except I never bought their album...

http://www.shaggs.com/album_potw.html

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:46 AM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Thrasher
BURZUM - "Filosofem" tape
very_evil_smiley.gif

That's the one I like the most from old Varg. Anyway, my worst was an EP with an electronic version of sorts of an Status Quo song. I think it was titled "Get Nervious" or something like that. More recently, I just dumped a Green Jelly album and Ministry's "Filth Pig". I tried to like them, but they didn't stick.

Apr 1, 2004 at 6:57 AM Post #12 of 39
OK Computer? What the deuce? Oh well.. to each his own.

Worst CD I've bought... I haven't spent real money on something I've hated. But I have been given copies of CDs by Jackboot, a one man local band from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan who makes music in the vein of Andrew WK. Also, at an awesome Trail of Dead show, I was given a CD by Flint Michigan rapper Rob J. ********* disgracefully awful, if you don't mind my saying.

RL

Apr 1, 2004 at 7:11 AM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by CarterFan41
********* disgracefully awful, if you don't mind my saying.

Actually, I do...sorry, but we try to minimize swearing here because the filters get us banned from libraries and universities and such. So I edited your post....
Sorry. Carry on.
Stuart

Apr 1, 2004 at 7:47 AM Post #14 of 39
The Left Rights, by Mindless Self Indulgence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back