World Cup Soccer 2006
May 6, 2006 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

aznsensazian

500+ Head-Fier
Is anyone stoked as i am about the world cup this summer? Ive already made a bracket and my vote to win it all is netherlands. Who are you guys rooting for and did any body here buy tickets? Ive always wanted to visit Germany and this looks like a good excuse for me to go
icon10.gif

May 6, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #2 of 57
IMHO Brazil still has the biggest chance to win the world cup. England was a good candidate but Wayne rooney's injury is definitely a blow to their capability.

May 6, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
brasil, I doubt them. They have great forwards, but the rest isnt much. Their stars are getting old.

I betting netherland, young talented.

True, also Brazil have all the pressure on them for being favorites and crap like that, under pressure many crack. For example 2002 World Cup in Asia, France and Argintina didnt even go past the first round and they were strong favorites to win it all.

May 6, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
Army of Orange deserves the Cup.
Winning is another story.
My top 4 pix are Brazil, Netherlands, UK, Argentina.

Brazil or Argentina have the best hopes........UK is not a team.

May 6, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #9 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by padi89
Brazil or Argentina have the best hopes........UK is not a team.

I think he meant England
tongue.gif

May 6, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #11 of 57
I'm going for Australia... but to be honest I highly doubt we'll get far.

Would be funny if we took it out though.

I don't think I'll ever actually go for Brazil. The last time I saw them play they played very dirty and I was disgusted by them. I know every team does it but they took it to new heights.

I'll probably go for England, then I'm not really sure...

I'll just decide after I've watched some of the teams play.

May 6, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #12 of 57
ha, i thought americans would never watch soccer! how far do u guys think WE will go? i like the German team, though i know they are not as good as before.
tongue.gif

May 6, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #13 of 57
I too think Brazil will probably win the cup. Ronaldinho is just amazing. However, I am rooting for Italy to win!

May 6, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #14 of 57
I've got tickets for 3 games.
biggrin.gif

Germany as the host team could have had some chances if their coach wasn't a smooth-talking but nonetheless incompetent and complete ass, and the fact that Germany doesn't have any exceptional players except for Ballack and the two goalies. But I'll still be rooting for Germany anyways!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
They have great forwards, but the rest isnt much.

The rest isn't much except for Ronaldinho, Kaka, Emerson, Lucio, Dida, Ze Roberto and a few others,
tongue.gif

May 6, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #15 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by n1cx
I too think Brazil will probably win the cup. Ronaldinho is just amazing. However, I am rooting for Italy to win!

Italy plays dirty, so i will not be rooting for them. Did you see how they treated the korean team in 2002. So no blue for me
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back