World Cup 2014
Jul 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #244 of 377
  I am sh!ting my pants~!

messy...
wink_face.gif

Holland can win this World-Cup.... hard to play against nine defenders but well done Costa Rica unfortunately the better team won.

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #246 of 377
Costa Rica spent to much energy in the long game against Greece. Holland, Argentina, Brazil or Germany can win the world cup :p.

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #247 of 377

messy...
wink_face.gif

Holland can win this World-Cup.... hard to play against nine defenders but well done Costa Rica unfortunately the better team won.

They really, winning this way will have a huge boost on the morale of the team, chances of the same ending happening is high, it is good for them to know they can do it.

Van Gaal had an ace hidden up his sleeve, he really had thought this game over!

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #248 of 377
  Costa Rica spent to much energy in the long game against Greece. Holland, Argentina, Brazil or Germany can win the world cup :p.

Performance alone only the germans and the deutsches and the dutchs played a consistently good came. Brazil did not show itself till late against colombia. I am hoping to see a german vs holland final, I am sure the world wants a Brazil vs Argentina just because it has a better ring to it! 

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #250 of 377

could be very tasty this one, hopefully Roben can behave himself, he looks a completely different player when he cuts out the dramatics.

He never do though so how do you know :)

Wow Scolari is going to appeal the suspension of Silva. So ridiculous I am sure if Silva had knocked the goalie down he would appeal that also :p. Take it like a man.

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #251 of 377
In 1974, FORTY years ago, Germany defeated  Holland 2:1 in the FIFA World Cup  final.
Shall wee see Germany vs. Holland in the final again?
But this time without Johannes Cruijff,  "Johan" Neeskens and Gerd Mueller, Franz Beckenbauer, ...!

Will Holland take revenge on Germany or the Germany will defeat  Holland again (if they meet in the final)?

P.S.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974_FIFA_World_Cup_Final

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #252 of 377
Anyone but Brazil. They've been living off that "thrilling, stylish samba football" reputation for at least two decades, during which time they have mostly churned out some outstandingly turgid play.

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #253 of 377
  Anyone but Brazil. They've been living off that "thrilling, stylish samba football" reputation for at least two decades, during which time they have mostly churned out some outstandingly turgid play.

in truth Brazil haven't had a real quality team since 1982... they had one of the great games against Italy.

what does get on my nerves is commentators saying that Brazil is the 'spiritual home' of football... which is pretty much wide of the mark, Wembley is the home of football.

Jul 7, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #254 of 377
As regards this World Cup, Argentina can be a dirty bunch at times, but have offered up much better and more positive Football than Brazil.

Germany have looked good at times, but not always - Algeria had them in serious trouble again and again.

The Netherlands started with a stunning performance against the rigning champs, which they have sometimes struggled to match, but still look the most potent and organised of the remaining teams. Arjen Robben may be a cheating diving scumbag, but he's a superbly talented, incredibly hardworking scumbag.

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #255 of 377
The 'old' age of the Holland's  attack-players  could be a disadvantage in their sixth game:

Robin van Persie  -    30 years old
Wesley Sneijder   -   30 years old
Arjen Robben       -   30 years old
Jan Huntelaar       -  30  years old
Nigel de Jong       -   29 years old

(and also the defender Ron Peter Vlaar is 29 years old)

Whereas   Lionel Messi is only 26 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back