Work out iem
Oct 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Liver

500+ Head-Fier
Looking for a durable pair of iems with a less tangly cord. Sound quality has to be good but not necessarily great.

Currently I am using some monoprice iems. They sound good and are really cheap (sub $5). However they are kinda microphonic and super tangly wires. Too early to tell about longevity. The tangly wires are infuriating.

Yes, first world issue.

Recommendations on new headphones or how to tangle less?

Would need a straight connection to fit iphone with case.

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #3 of 11
Soundmagics are very durable. I used the PL30 for my yard work iem for 2 years before giving it to a relative. Now using the E10 for around a year- sound quality and durability are awesome. My only complaint is the cable is a bit plasticky feeling.

Aside from soundmagic, the Brainwavz Delta should also be considered. Excellent build quality all the way around.

Oct 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #10 of 11
I use my Shure SE215's with the flange tips....very little microphonics, and good enough sound for a workout.  The cable has been durable for me, no issues with anything not working yet.  I pair them with a Sansa clip+

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #11 of 11
For the gym I'm still liking the Brainwavz R1, I think it's a solid value for $40, it's definitely more durable than it looks and the cord doesn't tangle too badly.  It does have a right angled jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back