Work based headphone recommendations (£50 max.)
Feb 12, 2010 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

duotone

100+ Head-Fier
I work in an office 8-5.30pm and use a pair of Plantronics company issue headphones for the past 2 years. These were bought for Skype calls and worked fine for it but now we never use Skype anymore.

They have since been used plugged into the pc at all times for listening to music 80% of the time on Spotify (free user) & 20% on I-tunes for podcasts. Now I only get music in the r/h ear and am looking to replace them.

I listen to stuff like Saul Williams, Notorious BIG, Taking Back Sunday, Ryan Adams, Jackson Browne, Ray Charles if that helps. Looking to spend around £50 max. as they will be left in the office and although its fairly safe, visitors often wander through and I dont want them to be taken on a day off, lunchtime etc. or get caught on my foot/chair when leaving the desk.

I guess I need something fairly durable & I work in a quiet environment and as I have 3 other work colleagues around me within a 5 feet radius I need something that holds in the sound so they will not get annoyed by the sound of drums, bass etc.

Looking for your knowledge in what to buy/ links to other helpful websites/previous helpful posts.

I am based in the UK, if that is of any use also.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 13
For my office, I love my Etymotic ER6i in ears. Great sound and so comfy I can wear them the whole day. They isolate outside noise really well. Only complaint I have with them is the relatively short cable.

Feb 15, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #4 of 13
I use the Koss KSC75 all day in the office. Good sound, comfortable, no head-band, killer price.

cheers!

Feb 15, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 13
Feb 16, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #8 of 13
I generally use the Shure e2c, they go in your ear and block all the sound, but after long times of using them can be uncomfortable.

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #9 of 13
NC 'phones are mediocre for SQ (compared to others).

The CAL! seem to be the winner. Costco (In the US) has it for $55 USD. Check if your Costco has it.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by simwells /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Goldring NS1000s are very good for the price,

Currently on sale at Play for £50

Play.com (UK) : Goldring NS1000 Active Noise Reduction Cancelling Headphones : Electronics - Free Delivery

Feb 27, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #12 of 13
Good. Think about upgrading soon though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by duotone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally bought them online for £13.

Been listening to them on spotify for the past hour and I am impressed.

Nov 3, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
Good. Think about upgrading soon though.

Had them about 8 months now, well worth £13 and perfect for work, as they dont leak much sound.

Only thing that has become apparent listening for roughly 25 hours per week is the over-exuberant treble, so I never have it on ultra loud and the fact that the ear pads arent very well padded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back