word to the wise: measure before you buy!!
Aug 26, 2002 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

fyrfytrhoges

Headphoneus Supremus
just a little reminder to anyone buying headphone extension cable (most notibly the expensive kind) make sure you measure exactly how much real estate you must cover before ordering the cord, because from experience I can now tell you that I'm the proud (ha ha) owner of a brand new cardas replacement cable for my senn hd600 and like an idiot I did not figure that I needed more than 10 feet before I ordered it, so now question is can I send it back and pay the lofty price ( I thought 150.00 for 10 feet was pretty lofty in the first place) for the 20 foot extension or should I use my already paid for teds excellent cable extension??? hope you guys don't laugh too much at my blunder!!??!!

Aug 26, 2002 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
....an idiot I did not figure that I needed more than 10 feet before I ordered it, so now question is can I send it back and pay the lofty price ( I thought 150.00 for 10 feet was pretty lofty in the first place) for the 20 foot extension or should I use my already paid for teds excellent cable extension??? hope you guys don't laugh too much at my blunder!!??!!

Well, if you put your Ted's Excellent cable ahead of your cardas, it's not going to sound any better than the Ted's Cable.

Having a better cable after the fact will not bring back any info that was lost by a cable ahead of it.
frown.gif

Go for the longer Cardas.

Aug 27, 2002 at 2:42 AM Post #3 of 3
Well, I own a couple grado extension cords, and there is a degradation in sound quality, although it is very slight, and for typical application, it's great. With a high-rez system, you probably will hear a difference with and without the Ted's extension cord, although my guess is that it will be minute. My suggestion is to try the 10 ft Cardas replacement cable, and swap the extension cord in and out. See if you can hear an audible difference. If not, or if it's not significant enough to warrant getting the longer Cardas, then great. If so, return the Cardas and get the longer version.

Me personally? I'd keep the 10ft, because if you ever plan on using them near your equipment, an extra 10 feet is a lot of extra cable to get in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back