Woot alert! Pinkfloyd collection for $125.00
Nov 27, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #2 of 8
Ahhh.... I wish Woot would ship to where I am. I've been waiting for them to ship here one day. Great deal and thanks for sharing
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #5 of 8
I have too many of those to justify the box set. Nice deal, though. And I'm still fantasizing about a Wish You Were Here SACD release; they did such a nice job with DSoTM.

Nov 27, 2008 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 8
That was convenient... I lost what was left of my Pink Floyd collection in one of my recent moves.

Nov 27, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #7 of 8
Oddly enough, I've never been a big fan. I've heard nearly all of their albums (probably every one, but I can't be 100% sure), yet only own about half of them and only listen to 2 or 3 of them. So I sort of debated for a while, then figured, "Why not? The price is right," and then pulled the trigger.

I think my favorite Pink Floyd album so far is: Wish You Were At The Dark Side Of The Saucer Of The Moon Wall Obscured By More Piper Secrets Full Of Clouds At The Gates Of Dawn. But their music tends to confuse me a little.

I'll give the entire box set one complete dutiful listen from disc one to sixteen. No, check that: two complete listening sessions (one with speakers and one with headphones). Then, I'll put it all aside in the archives unless something seems particularly meritorious of a further investment of time and attention. I can't say that I'm particularly hopeful, but I've been surprised (many times over) before my music that didn't seem to catch me on the first pass.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #8 of 8
I found once similar OBTW package for €140 (so very expensive compared to that) but I left it because the albums would be remastered brickwalls anyway (like the 2003 DSOTM). Much funnier (though slower) to seek CDs individually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back