Woohoo finally got my Audio-Technica ATH-ES7's!
Dec 12, 2007 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Zero_99

100+ Head-Fier
After waiting some many odd weeks to get em'. They finally arrived and I'm loving how they sound. Toe tapping goodness.
smily_headphones1.gif

They will definitely be a welcome upgrade to my HD202's for using on commutes on the TTC.

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 9
I love my ES7's, use them at work everyday. Just curious how much did you pay for them considering you waited so long?

Dec 12, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, what kinda music do you listen to, would love to hear more of your impressions.

I listen to mainly Hip-Hop/Rap/Trance, and some other genres as well, just not as much. Playing some Infected Mushroom on these cans, and it's pure audio bliss.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthR6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my ES7's, use them at work everyday. Just curious how much did you pay for them considering you waited so long?

Oh, I paid $115 USD + shipping at electronjons.com. Not super cheap, couple $$$ cheaper than AudioCubes, but one of the few places I found that actually ship North of the border to Canucks via USPS at reasonable rates. And I also ordered a pair of JVC earbuds with em' which were relatively cheap, and this whole order ended up being backordered and didn't ship out till like 3-4 weeks after I placed the order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ES7 is one of those phones that really change after lots of burn in. Make sure you give them a chance to change before you decide. Initially they are gonna sound muddy, but they will sound awesome after a few hundred hours of usage.
wink.gif

Yeh I actually burned em' in with some pink-noise overnight. Noticed some improvement in that regard, and it's good to know that they will get better over time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Overall I'm very satisfied with this purchase. Definitely no cognitive dissonance, haha sorry I just had my Marketing final exam today.

Very quick impressions: Excellent big soundstage, nice mids/bass, all wrapped up in a nice portable form factor with shiny sexyness, and most of all uber FUN to listen to! I think these will definitely be getting more play time than my MS-1's.

Dec 12, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero_99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice mids/bass

Hehehe.... with more burn in, you WILL notice that the mids will come out more and the bass will tighten up significantly compared to how they were when first out of the box...
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers and enjoy your new "toy" ! Nice way to enjoy after finishing your finals !
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehehe.... with more burn in, you WILL notice that the mids will come out more and the bass will tighten up significantly compared to how they were when first out of the box...
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers and enjoy your new "toy" ! Nice way to enjoy after finishing your finals !
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah I'm definitely enjoying this toy! I kind of wish I got them earlier though so I could have used them while studying for exams. Still one more exam to go for tomorrow though.

Quote:

They're closed right? So you can't hear stuff around you?

Do they leak sound much, are they discrete, like dont stick out of your head much etc? Got any pics of them on?

They're closed cans. I haven't used them on the bus/subway yet so don't know how well it isolates at this point. I'm guessing the isolation will probably be less than my EP-630's though. Just been using them with my PC so far.

Don't think they leak too much sound out. As for sticking out, they sort of jut out in weird looking way at the top, but I think I just need to bend it a bit more. Sorry, but I don't plan on taking pictures with em' on my head.
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

They're closed right? So you can't hear stuff around you?
Do they leak sound much...

They are closed. To give you a rough idea about the isolation, the other day I missed a call (k750i, ring tone two notches down from the max), then I didn't hear the house phone, then my mom got angry at me for not answering her when she called me from downstairs.
tongue.gif

She said I'm deaf.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero_99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah I'm definitely enjoying this toy! I kind of wish I got them earlier though so I could have used them while studying for exams. Still one more exam to go for tomorrow though.
As for sticking out, they sort of jut out in weird looking way at the top, but I think I just need to bend it a bit more.
tongue.gif

Search for the ES7 mod thread. There are directions there on what to bend. If you don't bend it, people are gonna point at you and laugh when you use the ES7.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back