woodied ksc75
May 18, 2007 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

kamal007

Headphoneus Supremus
hey..anyone tried to woodied their ksc75?

im thinking of buying some wood napkin rings, and try to put them into it..then use a grado flats or bowl pads at the woody..
i dont have them ready, im just thinking bout them since i saw the wood napkin ring and immediately the headphiled grados came in mind..

May 18, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #2 of 27
This I have to see

Grado edition 75s!

LOL!
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #3 of 27
Woody KSC? Good idea, been thinking about that for a while too.....
rolleyes.gif

I have no idea what I got here, found this pair of wood rings in a thrift store's crafts section, 29 cents each....They are made in India, wood quality seem to be pretty good. I even figured out how to cover the hole ($ store sponge, cheap, comes in three colors
cool.gif
)
The hole is smaller than the KSC drivers though, that is why I haven't started the woody project, yet.
wink.gif

May 18, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 27
well..the ones that i found at walmart are definitely bigger but the wood is cheap looking...i might grab a pair or two to try...the problem is i dont have a dremel..need to cut holes for the wires to go out..

May 18, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #11 of 27
*Subscribed assuming you're gonna post pics here*

I was thinking about the exact same thing
wink.gif
Don't have the proper tools/skills for it ^^

May 18, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The wood would cost more than the phones...unless you used balsa wood.

Actually... that might be the case with most wood headphones. I don't think he driver elements are the most costly components to manufacture (generally speaking). They're just priced as such to the consumer, when you look for replacement drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back