WooAudio3 tube illumination pictures
May 23, 2005 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

euclid

Headphoneus Supremus
hi, i felt inspired to take some shots of the wooaudio3, ive really been enjoying all aspects of it, im using sennheiser hd650 and the sound is very smooth and becoming more extended by the day. camera is canon 300d, lens is 135f2.0L, these shots are all iso100. enjoy

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

May 24, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 50
If you are a contributor, you get free space at Head-Fi...If not, then you can get a free account at Photobucket, and just copy the properties, using the image icon in "reply to thread".

May 24, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Those are some very nice shots indeed. Tripod?
smily_headphones1.gif

That amp is a beaut isnt it?
cool.gif

gs

thanks!
yes the cheapest tripod there is, totally unstable. i ended up setting the camera to delay, like you would do to get yourself in a group portrait, b/c my finger depressing the shutter was causing enough camera shake to blur the images. i need to buy a remote.
some of the exposures were a full 30 seconds, no flash was used in any.

and another yes, i love this amp, only seeing the pics on wooaudio website i was blown away by the craftmanship when i had it in person. it truely seems no corner was cut to lower cost, this amp is a bargain.

May 24, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #7 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
Nice pics
smily_headphones1.gif
Put in a bottle top (6AS7G) for better look
icon10.gif

MUST_RESIT_TUBE_ROLLING

i cant wait to start modifying but i really want to get it fully broken in and trust the sound before i start. i'd like to do a stepped attenutor but it looks like it will take some rewiring to gain clearance, ill get some internal shots tomorrow.

ill try to get some chasis pics tomorrow too in better light, i took some decent ones today but after upload to cpu i realized the amp was dustier than i thought, it really detracted from the quality so i scrapped them.

May 24, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #9 of 50
WOW!!!! What beautiful images. I have been enjoying the beautiful sounds emanating from my Woo Audio 3 with various tubes though Grado headphones. I believe your pictures portray visually what I hear sonically through the Woo. The images, though, portray a visual beauty more striking and dramatic than the real life beauty of the tube glow in a darkened room, somewhat akin to the airbrushed images of beauty portrayed in various magazines that shall remain nameless. I mean this as a genuine compliment. Thanks for sharing your beautiful images.

May 24, 2005 at 4:37 PM Post #10 of 50
Nice shots!

On my screen they look a bit cold, you know, a cold colour balance. I think that is why I find them special. Others might had been choosen a more warmer tint to emphasise the glow.

They really have a fantastic glow
eek.gif
6SN7 do not even come close!
frown.gif
On the other hand, I usually listen with eyes closed.
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #12 of 50
wow thanks for all the great compliments.
billybenbilly really expresses how i feel about this amp, i am hearing what those pictures portray, but in reality the tubes do not look so magical or bright.
even with the 135f2L lens wide open at F2.0, shooting in total darkness requires the shutter speeds to be multiple seconds long. so the length of exposure captures almost a fire light glowing from the tubes, which is much more intese than it looks in person.

im glad you are enjoying them though, i was happy with the results and i figured headfi would appreciate b/c there arnt any decent pics of this amp anywhere that i could find.

edit: i just wanted to add that these are exactly as they came out of the camera, no color manipulation or photoshop post processing of any kind

May 24, 2005 at 9:30 PM Post #13 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by euclid
camera is canon 300d, lens is 135f2.0L, these shots are all iso100. enjoy

I've got a Rebel XT on order. Should get it by the end of the week!

May 24, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #15 of 50
I can see a person (assume it's you) on pic #2, top of the tube reflection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back