WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Nov 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #646 of 2,600
WA7 coming today! :D 

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #647 of 2,600

So wassup Shini44? It's been almost a week. All fixed?

it is on the way!! Fedex!!! :3 , and the TH900 will be here on Saturday or Sunday.  1st i will try it with M-Stage since i was using the TH600 with it :p so i see how better the TH900 on the same amp. 

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #650 of 2,600
Just some initial notes:

- Very nice full sound 
- Vocals sound good and the WA7 takes away any harshness I experienced on warm tracks with the Fostex TH-900's.

Definitely has some "gooch-wrenching" bass, however I'm finding it kind of problematic on bass heavy hip-hop tracks. The bass is sometimes boomy. Hopefully that goes away as it breaks in.

Ran the upgrade EH tubes straight out of the box so I still plan on switching them out eventually just so I can try the stock tubes and compare. Anyone know how the two pairs of tubes compare bass-wise?

Love the build quality on the WA7. Volume pot is super nice and smooth, no issues with channel imbalance or anything like that when adjusting volume.

The amp is dead silent when connected to the USB DAC from my PC. I can max out the volume pot and hear nothing... nice black background.

Nov 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #652 of 2,600
leaning towards the Wa7 over the Wa2 for my Beyerdynamic T1's...mostly for listening and gaming with a macbook and a pc...any suggestions on what else I would need? I need another DAC? power supply? cables? av surge protector?

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #654 of 2,600
I'm using the stock tubes and will be for a few more weeks before going to the EH. I have the EH on hand so the swap will be easy.

i am going to use the EH tubes most of the time, will switch to stock when i wana enjoy the luch sweet mids of the vocals, depend on the mood though.

unless the EH tubes won't make the TH900's mids sound receded it is another story,  so far i don't know cause my WA7 is on the way.

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #656 of 2,600
  leaning towards the Wa7 over the Wa2 for my Beyerdynamic T1's...mostly for listening and gaming with a macbook and a pc...any suggestions on what else I would need? I need another DAC? power supply? cables? av surge protector?

nope, just plug and play... this is the fundamental beauty of the WA7, sounding great as is.

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #658 of 2,600
  Highly recommending the matched EH tubes from Cryoset.  Very nice sound, even better then the EH from Woo.

I believe Cryoset has not had the cryo EH 6C45PI gold pins for quite some time.  I contacted them to find out when they would get more and they replied that they were no longer able to get them from their supplier.  I don't know the full impact of that statement...

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #660 of 2,600
  nope, just plug and play... this is the fundamental beauty of the WA7, sounding great as is.

repped, thanks. If that's the case, what should my progression be for things i need...
possibly upgrade tubes and add PSU
usb cables/dac? if so, what dac would be ideal? Seems like people have mixed feelings on the wa7 dac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back