WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Mar 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #226 of 2,600
Just talked to Mr. Woo and he said mine well ship in 2 weeks. so for those how ordered theirs the end of Feb. start looking for a tracking number very soon!!

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #227 of 2,600
Out of curiosity, has anyone used the WA7 with a pair of HE-500's or Heir Audio 8.A's? I've heard good things but was wondering if anyone could illaborate on how they pair, specifically compared to a Schitt Lyr and Byfrost stack.

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #228 of 2,600
x2. Love the look of the WA7 and always wanted Woo.  Currently running HE500 Bifrost/Lyr and would love some opinions on the WA7 with the HE500 or Senn HD700 especially comparing to the Schiit stack.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, has anyone used the WA7 with a pair of HE-500's or Heir Audio 8.A's? I've heard good things but was wondering if anyone could illaborate on how they pair, specifically compared to a Schitt Lyr and Byfrost stack.

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #229 of 2,600
HE 500 + WA 7

In short one of the sweetest combos around .

I can't make any direct comparison to the Schiit stack mentioned.

Compared to my Violectric V181 Yulong D18 combo the WA7 is a strong performer.

The 181 D18 set is very powerful and accurate with a strong clean sound as you would expect from high quality solid state equipment.

In comparison the WA7 while also powerful and accurate lends an element of emotion to the sound which is missing in the solid state set.

Among the particular strengths of the WA7 HE500 combination are an improvement to the HE500 sound stage, very strong bass and mid range and excellent instrument separation.

I think the real winner in the WA7 HE500 set is tone, the subtle variations in timbre that makes one artist average and another great are front and centre with this combo.

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #230 of 2,600
I think the real winner in the WA7 HE500 set is tone, the subtle variations in timbre that makes one artist average and another great are front and centre with this combo.

That's definitely in line with what I hear. I like a number of aspects about the Lyr+Bifrost stack and the thing that's really making me look hard at the WA7 is that I can conceivably use it with my 8.A's. Right now I only use them at work (where I have a little AMP/DAC I drive them with) or on the go (where they suffer my iPhone). Sometimes I'd love to be able to use them at home but, right now, I don't really have that option without either transporting extra gear (which I don't want to do) or making a purchase.

Can anyone speak to the IEM-out on the WA7?

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #231 of 2,600
still waiting on my WA7 ordered Feb 24th and no word from woo 
triportsad.gif

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #232 of 2,600
Quote:
Just ordered a pair of Beyer T1 to go with the tube WA7 at home whenever it gets here... the wait is killing me. I have never had a tube amp before and am super curious how these two combos will compare.

Would love to hear peoples impressions of these combos and predictions on sound differences.  Which combo wins? Cost is pretty much the same either way...

I had a chance to listen to the WA7 and T1 together a few weeks ago at SSI and was blown away. I have not heard the HUDA so cannot comment on that, but I can tell you that you're in for a real treat. Of all the stuff I heard at SSI this year (speakers and headphones) that combo was very near the top of my list. I got in a few hours before the show officially opened and had the entire headphone room below to myself. There was also a separate Woo Audio room with some really nice gear as well.

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #235 of 2,600
Of the three of us in Japan who have had the amp -- myself, Anakchan and Shigzeo, all of us have wanted to keep the WA7. 

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #236 of 2,600
Any Canadians who live near the border should really look into using a US package receiving service. This is what I do and I only pay a couple bucks when I pick up my packages. The service I use is called Kinek.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #238 of 2,600
Quote:
still waiting on my WA7 ordered Feb 24th and no word from woo 
triportsad.gif

You have even longer to wait.  I ordered Feb 4th and I still don't have mine either.

Apr 8, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #240 of 2,600
^^^  My est shipping date was end of March.  But I got the same impression when I emailed maybe 2 weeks ago: something's up with his supply of the glass that goes on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back