WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Feb 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #122 of 2,600
Quote:
Thanks for the great review Mr. Bigsby!

Now this is my 1st post as a Head-Fier, so this may be a silly question -- but what happens if you have, say, both a full-sized pair of cans AND an IEM plugged into the WA7 at the same time? Will music be playing from both, or is there a way to toggle between the two front outputs?

Due to my crippling laziness, I would love not having to plug/unplug stuff all the time -- spares the connectors too, I'd bet...

Wang is correct.

actually you can find the answer on the manual which can be downloaded from woo's website. 

if you plug in both iem and a pair of say T1 into the amp, the music will only play from the big guy. 

btw,i read that manual a couple of time, trying to find any answer to the overheating issue. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #124 of 2,600
yes, Jack contacted me last Saturday and I received the replacement tubes today. I am currently experimenting the new ones. 

sorry i hijacked your post for the overheating issue. 

i started a new thread here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/651068/wa7-overheating

btw, for running for only 12 mins, the amp is as cold as not operating. good start! :D

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #125 of 2,600
Great news!!!! Wow so glad it's only tubes, what an easy fix!!
Please feel free to keep it all here, I think it's helpful for people to have a one-stop resource for each model. It helps keep things cohesive and makes searching topics easier.

It's totally up to you though.

So glad everything worked out. How are you liking the amp anyway? Did you try the EH tubes yet?

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #126 of 2,600
Quote:
yes, Jack contacted me last Saturday and I received the replacement tubes today. I am currently experimenting the new ones. 

sorry i hijacked your post for the overheating issue. 

i started a new thread here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/651068/wa7-overheating

btw, for running for only 12 mins, the amp is as cold as not operating. good start! :D

Glad your amp is doing good Always i knew it could not of been a huge deal!

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #127 of 2,600
what a relief, now i know to just get new tubes

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #128 of 2,600
hang on, guys. it kept running for 2 1/3 hours now. the metal case is warm. the psu is HOT. i removed the glass lid one hour ago (that might help to maintain the metal case temp), becuase the glass was warmer than the metal case. the PSU is hot, the part where there is a led indicator is near burning hot.  

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #129 of 2,600
Quote:
ok at least 4 hours so far possibly more. Continuous loud usage. I gotta admit, my unit is warm, but not hot. PSU is warm too but slightly less than the amp itself. This temp would not concern me, especially knowing its a tube amp (think high voltage light bulbs). SO if your unit is running hot, theres likely an issue.

As far as drivers go, this was not in refernce to the heat- but in reference to the stutter or high/low problems some of us had temporarily.

i am re-reading the previous post, notice you mentioned that the psu is slightly less warm than the amp itslef. my psu is much hotter than the unit. i am going to gym now and leave it keeping running. 

the amp seems less hot than it was last weekend using the original tubes, but maybe it's just because last weekend was a much warmer day than today. 

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #130 of 2,600
Try it again tomorrow. Main thing is the main unit is cooler. My glass also gets quite warm, thats normal as its surrounding two burning hot tubes. But the metal case shouldnt get hot, just warm like a laptop would. Same for the PSU. Remember my house is almost always airconditioned and my PSU is on the floor. Ill try it again tomorrow evening and get back to you.

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #131 of 2,600
Quote:
I never even thought to check, good question!

Thanks Amos! How are you finding the amp with the gold pins in place man?

They have a bit more zing, which I like. The balance between detail and the richness the tubes bring to the music is spot-on for me. I have to finish my review now and pass the amp on. It's the first amp I've had in here that has left me feeling I don't want or need to fire up my main system to listen.

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #132 of 2,600
Quote:
Try it again tomorrow. Main thing is the main unit is cooler. My glass also gets quite warm, thats normal as its surrounding two burning hot tubes. But the metal case shouldnt get hot, just warm like a laptop would. Same for the PSU. Remember my house is almost always airconditioned and my PSU is on the floor. Ill try it again tomorrow evening and get back to you.

it is certainly warmer than a laptop. i feel quite frustrated. what i want after paying this amount of money, is just to enjoy the music while i play games, surf on the internet or do some reading. i will try again tonight and this weekend. 

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #134 of 2,600
Quote:
Is it still "hot"? Can you measure the temp? Is there any difference since changing tubes?

Sorry for all the questions. I think it's good to quantify all these things.

i cant quantify/measure the temp now. havent got a thermometer yet. will do later when i am back from holiday. the psu was certainlyer hotter than the psu of my dell workstation (mobile). the unit is certainly hotter than dell or rMBA. i will compare again this weekend. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back