WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Apr 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,277 of 2,600
Recabled my LCD-X, XC, & T1 with Norne Audio Skoll cables terminated with 1/4" Furutech Rhodium plugs only to find that the plugs do not fit into the WA7 input without having to reshape the tip.  Anyone considering using Furutech plugs with a WA7 beware!

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,279 of 2,600
  Recabled my LCD-X, XC, & T1 with Norne Audio Skoll cables terminated with 1/4" Furutech Rhodium plugs only to find that the plugs do not fit into the WA7 input without having to reshape the tip.  Anyone considering using Furutech plugs with a WA7 beware!

Are you sure it's not just a tight fit?

Both my stock HD650 and Oyaide 1/4" plugs were very tight fits into the WA7.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #1,280 of 2,600
I went with the Cardas plug for my LCD-3's from Norne and thankfully haven't had any problems .

Apr 26, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #1,283 of 2,600

I have the FP-704 which is gold plated and fits all my amps no problem
Also have the FT-763 (R) which is rhodium plated and is indeed a tight fit but will work
Also have the FT-735 (R) rhodium plated 1/8 this one refuses to go into a particular switchcraft jack I have its not even close

Apr 27, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #1,284 of 2,600
  Are you sure it's not just a tight fit?

Both my stock HD650 and Oyaide 1/4" plugs were very tight fits into the WA7.

I actually got 4 Furutech Rhodium FT-763R connectors brand new straight from japan in package and all 4 do not fit either of my 2 WA7 at all.  Not even pushing with enough force to damage the amp.  I had to file the point of the tip ever so slightly sharper.  The disadvantage being now there is no Rhodium on the tip and the color is brassy.  It isn't a big deal but for $50 per connector you just kind of expect it to work since every other connector in my closet works fine without modification.

This is not about the gold plated versions.

Apr 27, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #1,287 of 2,600
I would contact Jack and ask why it's not compatible

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

sounds good... let me know what he says.  there are a few more amps on the market which it does not fit as well so it is not really a Woo thing.  The connector is clearly not to standards spec. and there is no real reason to blunt the tip of the connector as much as they have.  It is visually about twice as blunt as any other connector I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back