WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Mar 9, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #211 of 2,600
THis track on the WA7 +HP100 just gave me crazy goosebumps in the BEST of ways!!!
Inga Liljestrom - Coming Back, from Gotye album; Mixed Blood

THe whole album is one of my all time favorites for high quality gear, this track in particular is recorded with some pretty innovative and primitive techniques, and is a real treat with the right gear! 

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #218 of 2,600
Just ordered a pair of Beyer T1 to go with the tube WA7 at home whenever it gets here... the wait is killing me.  Will use my Beyer T5p with my solid state HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Amp at work.  I have never had a tube amp before and am super curious how these two combos will compare... light/leather/closed/ss/lowZ/state of the art vs. heavy/fabric/open/tube/highZ/old school both born from the same Beyer sound signature and both considered very good amps.

Would love to hear peoples impressions of these combos and predictions on sound differences.  Which combo wins? Cost is pretty much the same either way...

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #220 of 2,600
Nice, fellow Canuck!

If I remember correctly, Woo reports the item value at $399.00 USD. You get charged the HST on that, and then an additional customs fee as well.

All told, I had to pay about 64 bucks to the FEDEX dude who showed up at my house (I'm based in Toronto)! I was pissed initially, though the anger subsided once I gazed upon the beauty of the WA7...

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #221 of 2,600
Nice, fellow Canuck!

If I remember correctly, Woo reports the item value at $399.00 USD. You get charged the HST on that, and then an additional customs fee as well.

All told, I had to pay about 64 bucks to the FEDEX dude who showed up at my house (I'm based in Toronto)! I was pissed initially, though the anger subsided once I gazed upon the beauty of the WA7...

Thanks for the response. I'm glad that they can lower the customs value. Now the wait begins.

Mar 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #222 of 2,600
Just wanted to double check. The Woo Audio site says that AC power cord is not included. Is this true for US/Canadian orders as well? Never bought an electronic unit that did not come with a power cord before. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #225 of 2,600
Quote:
A regular kettle/printer cable is all you need. Sacrifice either tea or printing till you buy a second cord?

You can always keep water warm on top of the WA7's glass cube if need be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back