WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Nov 24, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #1,486 of 2,600
  Interesting... never even knew there was an LED in there... In some of my tubes it doesn't come on instantly when you press the front button but comes on slowly and others it comes on in a bright flash and then dims back down.

I didn't either, until it went out...  Obviously it's good aesthetic design if people can't really tell.

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #1,488 of 2,600
The lit up tubes are a must aestetically...love things that make the functional look good.

And another vote for Woo's customer service...impeccable for this camper

biggrin.gif

HS

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #1,489 of 2,600
Some tubes light up , some don't so much it depends how much of the heater is showing and one is always brighter than the other
Woo's solution with the leds is very well done the effect is beautiful and the color is perfect
I am sure many Wa7 owners don't realize they are there

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #1,490 of 2,600
  Some tubes light up , some don't so much it depends how much of the heater is showing and one is always brighter than the other
Woo's solution with the leds is very well done the effect is beautiful and the color is perfect
I am sure many Wa7 owners don't realize they are there

wonder if it taps off the heater coil power in other words to show that indeed the tube is getting power on one of it's pins? sort of an indicator for diagnostics but not very reliable if the indicator itself can die. LEDs are usually ridiculously reliable unless they are overdriven or perhaps burnout as a result of the tube heat being in close proximity?

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,491 of 2,600
  LEDs are usually ridiculously reliable unless they are overdriven or perhaps burnout as a result of the tube heat being in close proximity?

I don't know if that really describes my problem though.  The LED definitely still works.  It always work for about 10 minutes then goes out for about an hour and then comes back on and stays on.  Every single time I go to use the WA7 this happens exactly like this.

I really do wonder what can explain that, but I am not an EE.

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,494 of 2,600
  Well, If I wasn't a Woo Audio customer for life before I am now!

Mike Liang of Woo just informed me that they will be repairing my LED free of charge despite that my warranty is just over 2 months past.  He said they want my WA7 to look gorgeous when in use.

Now I will order some EH tubes to show my continued support :)  You guys convinced me that they are awesome with the HD800s.

Maybe there is even a WA7tp in my future sometime too :)

We appreciate your support in our products and we want your WA7 to look great for many years to come.  Send us a note when it ships so we can keep an eye on the movements.  We'll take care of your WA7 without delay.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #1,495 of 2,600
What USB cables have you guys found to be best with the WA7 in the $100, $300, and $600 range?

Anyone using Wyrd in their setup?

Nov 25, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #1,497 of 2,600

If you have several hundred dollars to spend then in my view you'd be better off getting a separate DAC.

Wyrd would be a better choice than a $100 cable too.

I hear that about a DAC, but my upgrade for that may be a ways off. And I can carry the USB cable forward.

I'm considering the Wyrd. Do you have one?

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #1,498 of 2,600

I hear that about a DAC, but my upgrade for that may be a ways off. And I can carry the USB cable forward.

I'm considering the Wyrd. Do you have one?

I do, but not with the WA7 - I sold it a couple of months ago. I always used it with external DAC.
Wyrd sits in front of Modi and Vali in my daughter's setup and does a great job.

Regarding it's impact on WA7 it's just a speculation, but it's not entirely unfunded: the WA7 DAC is powered through USB and Wyrd provides really clean power. Data reclocking impact is probably harder to evaluate, but I guess it won't hurt.

As far as USB cables are concerned, I doubt you'll get any sonic benefits from going above Belkin Gold which is about $10.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #1,499 of 2,600
Can anyone comment on the bass, midrange, and overall warmth of the WA7 with the Alpha Dogs? 

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #1,500 of 2,600
  Can anyone comment on the bass, midrange, and overall warmth of the WA7 with the Alpha Dogs? 

it's an excellent pairing.  Dan uses WA7 at his booth at trade shows.

From MrSpeakers FB page:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back