1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by jude, Mar 11, 2016.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. Xcygen
    just gotten my unit. but there isnt any indication at all. no logo no indications but its alright cause im loving the sound of it. currently burning the hell out of it!.

2. audionewbi
    how did you order it?

3. deuter
    It's on woo's website .

4. Townyj
    Wow... This thing is around $3000AUD. Just turned up on a local Distributors website. Insane price, ridiculous actually.

5. audionewbi
    If it was same price as the American market I would have bought it, or at least close to it. For 3000 AUD I simply cannot justify it at this stage. 

6. Townyj

Its $2800aud for the normal colours and $2950aud for the gold. Now if they had of put RCA's on the rear i would of sold all my gear off to nab one, awesome to have an all in one unit. 

Looks like it will be awhile before i even consider this which is a bummer.

7. audionewbi
    For me RCA cable is not a must as I have a feeling the included DAC and the two year they took to develop go hand in hand. I just cannot get over the price differential. 

8. raypin

Mmm....congrats! How is the build quality?

9. WooAudio

The price is reflecting on the current USD to AUD exchange rate plus shipping and custom-duties and fees. The price equates to the US retail price. We are currently offering 10% pre-order special so please ask your local dealer for the same offer.

10. Chuckjones242
    I love my Woo SE6 and the team at Woo Audio... that said, I just don't understand the WA8 appeal / market?  Is there really that big a demand for a $2K battery operated amp/dac?  If it was any good it would could replace my amp / dac units... and that would eat at the market share of the rest of their products... if it's not that good, what's the point?  I've got an A&K player and frankly the difference between it and my home units are slight.. and at least as a DAP - it contains the music.  Carrying a WA8 on the bus plugged into my laptop ain't portable?  

11. WooAudio
    We never design the WA8 to be used walking around with, but it is up to you how to use it. The design philosophy is a desktop-class performance tube amp/DAC that fits in a palm.

You can move it around and set it up quickly, for sure. Think of it that you can now fit a full-sized tube amp in a backpack or a suitcase.Or maybe you have a space of a nightstand for audio then this would be an ideal setup. Or like me, a family man, I could easily set it up anywhere at home without my kids knowing it. It would take less than a minute to hook up the entire system.

Cheers,
    Jack

drbobbybones likes this.
  12. leafwise
    Seconding the family man appeal, as well as a portable rig to take from home to office/studio and back in the bag. I don't expect to use it with a DAP on-the-go, unless I'm flying or riding by rail.

13. raypin
    Mmm...on the go is possible with a small carrying case with shoulder straps. No big deal. I regularly backpack my Chord TT so WA8 should be a breeze to carry around.

14. gr8soundz

From the WA8 page on Woo Audio's site:
    "Included Pelican carrying-case (water-resistant, crush-proof and dust-proof). Custom-cut insert foam provides maximum protection."

15. raypin
    mmm....I m thinking along the lines of a leather case with room for both the WA8 and a DAP with a shoulder strap.....similar to what another tube amp manufacturer has done.

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last