Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #1,112 of 1,117
Thinking of purchasing the Wa7s to pair with my shure 846s...In your opinions is the Electro Harmonix upgrade worth it it?

If you like flatter more accurate sound get the gold pins. I think they're a little boring sounding for my tastes. But I'm an electronic music guy. That should be a good combo with SE846 though. I recently sold my 846s to get Campfire Vega but had I kept them I'm kinda mad now that I didn't try them on the WA7tp(which is temporarily sitting boxed up in my closet). WA7 should smooth out some of the peaky highs of the 846, and their detail retrieval ability should allow you to hear why tubes are so special. Enjoy!

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #1,113 of 1,117
You might have just saved me the extra $100 for the gold pins as I am also into electronic music and a more interested in musicality than accuracy...what filters where u using for the 846s...I recently just got them and I'm still on the default blue....

Aug 6, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #1,114 of 1,117
Hey folks!

Any test, reviews, how does the Fireflies 2nd gen with the Vacuum upgrade sounds with a Beyerdynamic Amiron headset?

I am planning to buy one, but I already have a BursonAudio Play! but this little masterpiece already caught my attention :)

Cheers,
kebcy

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #1,115 of 1,117
If you could pick one tube to upgrade from the stock tubes in the WA7 and WA7tp what would you recommend ?

I don't want to spend a fortune trying different ones just want a good all-rounder if there is one.

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back