Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread
Apr 22, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #781 of 1,117
Upscale has such a nasty customer service. I dealt with thrm once and they have horrible customer service. People say thry have the best tubes but i rather spend my money elsewhere. You should call upscale up as they eill answer the phone but would not call people back.

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #782 of 1,117
^ thanks for the info i will call them once i can. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #783 of 1,117
Mike rocks, he got my WA7tp shipped already,. and only few hours passed since i passed :D 

now lets hope that Fedex wont damage it or anything O-o''  i live in Dubai. 

oh Kevin from Upscale contacted me, at least we did process my payment, and now i am not worried, my tubes will be shipped later on ^^

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #784 of 1,117
congrats on your new upgrade i'm sure you'll really enjoy the sound difference..

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #785 of 1,117

WA7tp + Mullard CV4003 12AU7 Tubes :p   now waiting for my CIEM which will be shipped on the 3-4th of May :/  

it will be a 12 drivers special CIEM from the Custom Art, by Peter, shelled by LE,

i made the tuning specially made to be enjoyed with the WA7 Rig, based on my old TH900 + WA7 + EH tubes, back in the days. 

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #786 of 1,117

WA7tp + Mullard CV4003 12AU7 Tubes :p   now waiting for my CIEM which will be shipped on the 3-4th of May :/  

it will be a 12 drivers special CIEM from the Custom Art, by Peter, shelled by LE,

i made the tuning specially made to be enjoyed with the WA7 Rig, based on my old TH900 + WA7 + EH tubes, back in the days. 

Congratulations Shini - I hope you are enjoying it.  Looking very very fine indeed.  Silver.  Always a great choice.  Happy listening.

The shipping and speed from Woo was fabulous in my experience too.  I ordered it on Christmas Eve.  It was shipped on Boxing-Day.  Arrived in the UK 3 days later. I couldn't believe it.

Jeb.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #787 of 1,117

Congratulations Shini - I hope you are enjoying it.  Looking very very fine indeed.  Silver.  Always a great choice.  Happy listening.

Jeb.

The silver looks nice in front of the Hugo 

also i can't enjoy it yet, i only got a V-moda-100 , which don't scale up that much and got super low limits when it comes to high end, 

waiting for my CIEM, but at least i got the time to burn in the tubes.

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #788 of 1,117
btw people, is it ok to let the WA7 be on 24/7 and use the WA7tp as the only option for the on/off? 

like this i can tell of the WA7tp were closed or not :/  

i hope that the WA7tp (on) + WA7(off) doesn't make the WA7tp work, cause in that state there is no light, so i can't tell the WA7tp's state :/ 

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #789 of 1,117
btw people, is it ok to let the WA7 be on 24/7 and use the WA7tp as the only option for the on/off? 

like this i can tell of the WA7tp were closed or not :/  

i hope that the WA7tp (on) + WA7(off) doesn't make the WA7tp work, cause in that state there is no light, so i can't tell the WA7tp's state :/ 

ya, u r supposed to leave the wa7 switch on and control via the wa7tp.

Apr 27, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #790 of 1,117
thanks for the info man, also maximum hours to be on is 8 hours right?

then i let it rest for 15 or 30 min? to let the tubes cool down etc. 

btw this is the 1st amp rig that made the V-moda-100 to perform higher than usual, i am shocked, even the hugo amp section alone didn't make this model shine lol, 

still i will need to wait till my CIEM is here :<  then i will make some notes here

but from my memory back with the X-Sabre, there was one annoying problem, the musicality in the mids / female vocal changed/ downgraded when going from the WA7's dac to the X-Sabre, maybe because the X-Sabre have the dry warmth kind of sound sig, ...this was too annoying for me :<   

i wasn't the only one who noticed this as well, 

"The level of detail is amazing. Don’t get scared because of this. Many dacs  that are very detailed tend to become analytically, loosing from the musicality, but this is not the case. The details come very natural and it reminds me of Analog Dac." source: http://headmania.org/2014/02/19/chord-hugo-review/

i will confirm that as well, once i get the CIEM and give it some time :p   cause i love the female vocal musicality from the WA7 DAC, i hope i won't lose that on the Hugo Chord being the new dac,

will the time will be able to give me the answer people, so stay tuned :D 

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #791 of 1,117
sounds like your really enjoying the wa7tp awesome, after you get a real sense of the sq with stock tubes you'll hear big differences in rolling other tubes plus it's great fun doing so..

May 2, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #792 of 1,117
I am writing to ask the community for advice...

I just moved, and when I unpacked my wa7tp (I have the tube power supply and the amp), I did something very stupid...I installed the power tubes in the amp, and vice versa.  I then let the unit run for an hour while I tried to figure out why I wasn't getting any audio...

Once I realized my mistake, I swapped the tubes back where they belong. They all still glow, but one in the amp has a bit of black at the top, and I could swear that the right audio channel isn't as loud as the left.  Also, I think it doesn't sound as pretty as before I moved.

I am wondering if I did any major damage to the device, if the audio difference I hear is in my head, or what.  I sent an e-mail today to Woo so will hopefully hear something Monday.  Does anyone have any advice?  I am wondering if I should not use the power supply and amp until I hear back from Woo...

So bummed.

May 2, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #793 of 1,117

I just moved, and when I unpacked my wa7tp (I have the tube power supply and the amp), I did something very stupid...I installed the power tubes in the amp, and vice versa.  I then let the unit run for an hour while I tried to figure out why I wasn't getting any audio...

Once I realized my mistake, I swapped the tubes back where they belong. They all still glow, but one in the amp has a bit of black at the top, and I could swear that the right audio channel isn't as loud as the left.  Also, I think it doesn't sound as pretty as before I moved.

I am wondering if I did any major damage to the device, if the audio difference I hear is in my head, or what.  I sent an e-mail today to Woo so will hopefully hear something Monday.  Does anyone have any advice?  I am wondering if I should not use the power supply and amp until I hear back from Woo...

So bummed.

Ah bummer, probably the only value it has left is giving to me :wink:

May 2, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #794 of 1,117

So bummed.

The 12AU7's filament voltage is the same as the 6C45 which is 6.3  but plate voltage of the 2 are different, the 12AU7 is 300 vs 150 for the 6C45. I would certainly contact woo audio's tech support I'm not sure what damage could have happened sorry to hear this good luck..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back