Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread
Feb 12, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #601 of 1,117
  Okay, I've had some time burning in the Sylvania JANs. As everyone has commented previously the bass is like WOW! Deep and hits hards. I feel like the soundstage on my headphones are just a bit wider as well too? Also the treble seems to be rolled off a bit more which is good since I have the HD700s lol. Get these tubes lads :)

I'm going to finally put in the Electro Harmonix 6C45 in the WA7. The stock tubes for the WA7 actually sound pretty good but I'll see how these fair then!

Nice to hear you like the  Sylvania JANs I've never tried them yet but that going to change I'll be getting myself a pair..

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #602 of 1,117
Be sure to let us know your impressions on that tube thanks..

Sure, I will get GE next week. Will write something about JAN and GE

Nothing in my experience so far has contradicted the tube world table , indeed the GE 6680 tubes I have in presently could be described as "detailed/articulate/warm"

Just bought a pair of  "Ten" 12au7 from Japan
Anyone else tried any Japanese tubes Matsu****a , Toshiba etc ? 

That's hilarious you can go on about Schiit all day long but the program wont allow Matsu****a

That's great

P.S. test for Matsushi.ta

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #603 of 1,117
 Is the power button supposed to feel loose and jiggle?

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #604 of 1,117
I keep thinking it's going to fall off.Mine is the same way..

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #605 of 1,117
   Is the power button supposed to feel loose and jiggle?

Mine has a tiny bit of play if I purposefully wiggle it, but it's definitely not loose and jiggly, and this is coming from someone with some level of OCD-ness. (right HiFiGuy528?)

Definitely doesn't feel like it's about to fall off, but it does feel "cheaper" compared to the rest of the presentation and other knobs, buttons, etc.

dL

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #607 of 1,117
  The power supply button is the biggest negative of the combo.  It really should have been a normal turn switch with damping same as the volume control.

Absolutely I agree it should have been just like the wa6se's switch..

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #610 of 1,117
Absolutely I agree it should have been just like the wa6se's switch..

I'm imagining this kind of turn switch with a reassuring click. There could be a discreet power light in the bottom right corner of the unit in the same orange colour as the tube LEDs.

In addition, as you continue to turn the power switch the tubes lights would gradually begin to glow like a dimmer-switch, reaching full luminescence at maximum turn, allowing you to set the ambient mood to your own taste.

I know, I don't ask for much.

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #611 of 1,117
I'm imagining this kind of turn switch with a reassuring click. There could be a discreet power light in the bottom right corner of the unit in the same orange colour as the tube LEDs.

In addition, as you continue to turn the power switch the tubes lights would gradually begin to glow like a dimmer-switch, reaching full luminescence at maximum turn, allowing you to set the ambient mood to your own taste.

I know, I don't ask for much.

Such a Unit could be named wa7dtp (d for dream) and priced the same as wa7d.

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #613 of 1,117
Is there a tube rolling guide/post in one of the WA7 threads that details some of the tubes sound signatures? 

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #614 of 1,117
  Is there a tube rolling guide/post in one of the WA7 threads that details some of the tubes sound signatures? 

The only ones i'm aware of are this thread & this one  http://www.head-fi.org/t/649097/woo-hoooo-wa7-fireflies
other boards might not sure though..

Feb 15, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #615 of 1,117

When I was looking myself, there were 3 main tubes that multiple people tried and enjoyed for the WA7tp.  RCA clear tops for a brighter sound, Sylvania JANs for more low end and the overall winner seems to be the Mullards.  As far as the WA7 goes, the Electro Harmonix gold pins from Woo Audio are a pretty significant upgrade.  There aren't many tubes available for the WA7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back