1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by warrenpchi, Apr 20, 2014.
First

Back
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Next

Last
  1. abvolt

Nice to hear you like the  Sylvania JANs I've never tried them yet but that going to change I'll be getting myself a pair..

2. mikroski
    Sure, I will get GE next week. Will write something about JAN and GE

That's great

P.S. test for Matsushi.ta

3. rage3324
     Is the power button supposed to feel loose and jiggle?

4. abvolt
    I keep thinking it's going to fall off.Mine is the same way..

5. dL.

Mine has a tiny bit of play if I purposefully wiggle it, but it's definitely not loose and jiggly, and this is coming from someone with some level of OCD-ness. (right HiFiGuy528?)

Definitely doesn't feel like it's about to fall off, but it does feel "cheaper" compared to the rest of the presentation and other knobs, buttons, etc.

dL

6. groovyd
    The power supply button is the biggest negative of the combo.  It really should have been a normal turn switch with damping same as the volume control.

7. abvolt

Absolutely I agree it should have been just like the wa6se's switch..

8. malla1ml
    +1 only piece that feels unrefined/unpolished

9. groovyd
    it was probably cheaper this way

10. Jeb Listens

I'm imagining this kind of turn switch with a reassuring click. There could be a discreet power light in the bottom right corner of the unit in the same orange colour as the tube LEDs.

In addition, as you continue to turn the power switch the tubes lights would gradually begin to glow like a dimmer-switch, reaching full luminescence at maximum turn, allowing you to set the ambient mood to your own taste.

I know, I don't ask for much.

11. vasunshine

Such a Unit could be named wa7dtp (d for dream) and priced the same as wa7d.

12. Jeb Listens

lol, superb, I love it.

13. rage3324
    Is there a tube rolling guide/post in one of the WA7 threads that details some of the tubes sound signatures? 

14. abvolt
    The only ones i'm aware of are this thread & this one  http://www.head-fi.org/t/649097/woo-hoooo-wa7-fireflies
    other boards might not sure though..

15. malla1ml

When I was looking myself, there were 3 main tubes that multiple people tried and enjoyed for the WA7tp.  RCA clear tops for a brighter sound, Sylvania JANs for more low end and the overall winner seems to be the Mullards.  As far as the WA7 goes, the Electro Harmonix gold pins from Woo Audio are a pretty significant upgrade.  There aren't many tubes available for the WA7.

First

Back
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Next

Last