1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Woo Audio WA6 with HifiMan Orthos (HE-400/500)?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by flisker, Mar 5, 2013.
  1. Flisker
    Hi guys,

I would like to ask for info anyone with WA6 if you got any experience using HE-400/500 on this amp. 

I'am trying to decide whether to get Schiit Lyr or Woo Audio WA6 for my HD650 and HE-400. (Also but not importantly Shrure SRH940,Grado SR225i)

Thanks [​IMG]

2. DutchGFX
    The Lyr will not drive your senns IMO, the Lyr is for low impedence cans from what I can gather from my experience. I never liked the HE-400 at all, so I can't comment on it with the Lyr, but it drives my HE-5Le very well, just need to find that perfect tube :)I'm also looking st more info or the WA6 + orthos, but the Lyr is definitely safe.

3. Flisker
    Already got Lyr and sold HE-400 :D 

From my experience Lyr is great combo with HD650 :wink:

4. DutchGFX
    Quote:

The Lyr sucks bad with my K240 600ohm so I figured Lyr doesn't agree with High Z cans ;P

5. Flisker
    Well it got quite a lot of power so my guess would be it will suck with low impedance ones, but there is probably something else in equation :)

Will be getting T1's in a week so hope they will work nicely with Lyr too.

6. bbophead
    I have HE-4 with WA6.  Drives them just fine.

7. DutchGFX

The 5LE and 400 are both rated at 2w recomended, don't know if that's per channel or not but, if the He400 sounds good, I don't see why it wouldn't drive the 500. I am also looking at maybe the Mjolnir