Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
Apr 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #1,411 of 4,838
I love my 6SE but thinking about moving up the line. If anyone is thinking about a silver unit with less than 200 hours shoot me a PM

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #1,412 of 4,838
I love my 6SE but thinking about moving up the line. If anyone is thinking about a silver unit with less than 200 hours shoot me a PM
Rydenfan, what makes you want to get rid of your 6SE and which amp are you thinking about stepping up to?

Apr 27, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #1,414 of 4,838
Dear Friends, 
Im a proud and happy owner of 6SE...I use it with with akg701. I had this set up for 4 years now, and it works for me. 

I was wondering if I can use the 6SE as a preamp for my powered studio monitors. I can use the headphone out directly into the monitors. Has anybody tried this??

May 4, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #1,415 of 4,838
The SAR4 tube in mine just burned out. It won't turn back on. I'm just using what comes stock until I can get something better, but does anyone have any cheaper recommendations, or should I just order direct from WooAudio again? $100+ kind of sucks when I have had the amp less than six months and baby it...

May 4, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #1,416 of 4,838

The SAR4 tube in mine just burned out. It won't turn back on. I'm just using what comes stock until I can get something better, but does anyone have any cheaper recommendations, or should I just order direct from WooAudio again? $100+ kind of sucks when I have had the amp less than six months and baby it...

You could try some NOS 5U4G if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, most are around $10-$50 per tube

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #1,423 of 4,838
My Wa6-SE is brand new; not even properly broken in. It had the stock tubes (which were quite enjoyable!).

I despair of audio reviews! It's all subjective and relative. Who knows whether you will hear and agree with the adjectives and superlatives that someone else writes about their experience?

I think I hear better bass extension and more transparency.

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #1,424 of 4,838
My Wa6-SE is brand new; not even properly broken in. It had the stock tubes (which were quite enjoyable!).

I despair of audio reviews! It's all subjective and relative. Who knows whether you will hear and agree with the adjectives and superlatives that someone else writes about their experience?

I think I hear better bass extension and more transparency.

Mine is also, congratulations!
Did you upgrade from the WA6? If so, which tubes did you use with the WA6?
BTW, I totally agree with you about any reviews on audio from my own experience.

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #1,425 of 4,838
My previous amp was an ASL MG Head DT OTL Mark II with external power supply. I never upgraded the stock tubes.

It had a wonderful warm sound, but was quite colorful (in a fun way). I still like it, but the 6SE is definitely a HUGE step forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back