Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
May 26, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #2,956 of 4,838
Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #2,959 of 4,838
I am waiting to see if I get a bonus from work before I push the button on the WA6-SE. I was wondering if there are any factory tube upgrades that folk here would recommend? I will not know my exact budget until the end of next month so I may be able to pick one or more of them. Do any stand out as real game changers and/or good for the price?

May 31, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #2,960 of 4,838
I am waiting to see if I get a bonus from work before I push the button on the WA6-SE. I was wondering if there are any factory tube upgrades that folk here would recommend? I will not know my exact budget until the end of next month so I may be able to pick one or more of them. Do any stand out as real game changers and/or good for the price?
The 13EM7 tubes are a nice improvement, the gain and clarity increases. The down side is that they pick more interference up. With the stock tubes I can have my smartphone around but with the 13EM7 it needs to be like 2 feet away.

May 31, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #2,962 of 4,838
Hey guys, i need help ...

Ive been trying to get an 6sn7 adapter, got one from ebay, turned out it doesnt fit my wa6, then i just just ordered the woo audio adapter thinking it would be a no brainer.... but, it still does not fit... apparently i have one of the earlier built wa6 which has an approx 1" opening on the drivers. i think i need about 1"3/8 or 1"1/2... The chassis is in the way and pins do not reach.

Woo audio was kind enough to let me return them for a refund... which i appreciate very much, but on the other hand, i still want to find a solution and use them if possible

Has anyone else had this issue and is there are slim adapters out there? or whats the solution run 6sn7 on this amp?

*i did take of the top cover with the labeling and it still did not help, the holes are the same size as the core chassis as well as the top plate.

thx

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #2,964 of 4,838
Hey guys, i need help ...

Ive been trying to get an 6sn7 adapter, got one from ebay, turned out it doesnt fit my wa6, then i just just ordered the woo audio adapter thinking it would be a no brainer.... but, it still does not fit... apparently i have one of the earlier built wa6 which has an approx 1" opening on the drivers. i think i need about 1"3/8 or 1"1/2... The chassis is in the way and pins do not reach.

Woo audio was kind enough to let me return them for a refund... which i appreciate very much, but on the other hand, i still want to find a solution and use them if possible

Has anyone else had this issue and is there are slim adapters out there? or whats the solution run 6sn7 on this amp?

*i did take of the top cover with the labeling and it still did not help, the holes are the same size as the core chassis as well as the top plate.

thx
How old is your WA6?
Can you upload a picture with its front side?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #2,965 of 4,838
I was going to tell you to remove the top tube plate cover, but hearing you'd already did this with the same results is strange. My WA6 is 5-6yrs old. How old is yours?

How old is your WA6?
Can you upload a picture with its front side?

No idea how old it is... got the unit couple months ago used market...

IMG_4247.JPG

i did order this... https://www.ebay.ca/itm/201195970651?_trksid=p2380057.m570.l6004&_trkparms=gh1g=I201195970651.N41.S1.R2.TR2

hope itll do the trick

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #2,966 of 4,838
Hey there WA6ers! I'm an often lurker, occasional poster, and in general Woo fan. I've got both a WA6 and Maxxed WA6SE right now (trying to sell the SE!) and I'm trying to trade for a black WA6. Both of my units are silver. Two questions for the panel:

1. For you guys who are using R2R or NOS DACs with the WA6, what do you like and why?
2. Anyone interested in trading their black unit for a silver one with a few tubes for your trouble?

Jun 12, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #2,967 of 4,838
Hey there WA6ers! I'm an often lurker, occasional poster, and in general Woo fan. I've got both a WA6 and Maxxed WA6SE right now (trying to sell the SE!) and I'm trying to trade for a black WA6. Both of my units are silver. Two questions for the panel:

1. For you guys who are using R2R or NOS DACs with the WA6, what do you like and why?
2. Anyone interested in trading their black unit for a silver one with a few tubes for your trouble?

Yggy-A, now replaced by Yggy-B.
True timbre, texture, touch. Transparent.

Jun 17, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #2,968 of 4,838
I bought a Mullard GZ32 tube, and adaptors for 6SN7. Can you reccomend me a few 6SN7 models that will go along with GZ32? The headsets are Beyerdynamic T1 first gen.

Jun 22, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #2,970 of 4,838

It's late for a reply, but if you ended up getting the WA6SE, I have a recommendation on an affordable option for the rectifier tube. I'm using a NOS Brimar 5Z4GY, from Langrex in the UK, quite reasonable at $49 including shipping. It is much better sounding than the stock Chinese GZ34, which is muddy by comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back