Woo Audio WA6 vs Little Dot Mk VI
Nov 20, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #76 of 85

Quote:
Quote:
Bad luck on your part, but I've owned my MKVI for almost 2 years without a serious problem. I had to replace the power switch (which was shipped free of charge after warranty had expired) about 6 months ago. I've owned my Chinese CD player for slightly longer, about 2 3/4 years and it works perfectly.

If the performance of the MKVI is truly only matched by the WA22, I'll take the risk at $700 versus $1900. I could buy almost 3 MKVIs for the price of a WA22.

Okay most of you that been reading my threads now that I own both the Little Dot MK VI and the Woo WA-6SE. Both are fine product and deserve merit.

I would like to further comment that the mystery between the Woo WA22 and the Little Dot MK VI can now be discussed as to which is overall better performer.

I had the opportunity to evaluate both side by side with the same source material, source, cabling interconnects and headphones for the last few days.

The WA22 with the EML 5U4G/7236 upgrade does drive my K1000 however very high on the volume pot 2-3 o'clock position at low music transit such as Classical pieces.

The Little Dot MK VI with the 6AS7G/Tung-Sol 6LS7 Russian reissued drives the K1000 with authority and detail regardless of music selection with no strain at 11-12 o'clock position.

The Woo is smooth and silky through out the music passage were the Little Dot is definitely more dynamic and detailed with more information.

As far as the lo/hi impedance range, even with the Little Dot being OTL, again as I have previously mentioned in other threads it drove all my headphones from 25-600 ohms flawless.

Enjoy music!

During the comparison, what power and rectifier tubes were in the WA22?

Nov 20, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #77 of 85

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bad luck on your part, but I've owned my MKVI for almost 2 years without a serious problem. I had to replace the power switch (which was shipped free of charge after warranty had expired) about 6 months ago. I've owned my Chinese CD player for slightly longer, about 2 3/4 years and it works perfectly.

If the performance of the MKVI is truly only matched by the WA22, I'll take the risk at $700 versus $1900. I could buy almost 3 MKVIs for the price of a WA22.

Okay most of you that been reading my threads now that I own both the Little Dot MK VI and the Woo WA-6SE. Both are fine product and deserve merit.

I would like to further comment that the mystery between the Woo WA22 and the Little Dot MK VI can now be discussed as to which is overall better performer.

I had the opportunity to evaluate both side by side with the same source material, source, cabling interconnects and headphones for the last few days.

The WA22 with the EML 5U4G/7236 upgrade does drive my K1000 however very high on the volume pot 2-3 o'clock position at low music transit such as Classical pieces.

The Little Dot MK VI with the 6AS7G/Tung-Sol 6LS7 Russian reissued drives the K1000 with authority and detail regardless of music selection with no strain at 11-12 o'clock position.

The Woo is smooth and silky through out the music passage were the Little Dot is definitely more dynamic and detailed with more information.

As far as the lo/hi impedance range, even with the Little Dot being OTL, again as I have previously mentioned in other threads it drove all my headphones from 25-600 ohms flawless.

Enjoy music!

I was using the EML 5U4G as a rectifier and Sylvana 7346 for power tubes in the WA22.

Nov 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #78 of 85

Quote:
yes, it certainly does.
the word sleeper immediately comes to mind... 
wink.gif

oh, and i think Cesar - che15 - will update us soon...  i spoke with him earlier, and he received his MKVI today...
another Little Dot owner joins the ranks.

That's really high praise, especially when you rate it above the WA6. Funny LD has such little popularity here, probably owing to its Chinese origins.
BTW since you own both a WA6 and MK 6, care to do an A to B with the new interconnects? What is the difference sound-wise between the two? Kindly be descriptive.
Much appreciated!

Nov 20, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #79 of 85

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Enjoy music!

I was using the EML 5U4G as a rectifier and Sylvana 7346 for power tubes in the WA22.

Sorry, I meant driver tubes.

Nov 21, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #81 of 85
Little Dot products really deserve a lot more love than they get on these forums. I had their CD transport, the CDP_1... While it wasn´t perfect (slow input), it had a really good sound way above its price range. The customer support from David was also one of the best I´ve ever had. Their tube amps are, judging from what I´ve read / components used, the best value in the tube amplifier world. A balanced amplifier at ~700 dollars + shipping is really completely unheard of really. I´ll definately go for one of their tube products when I have some extra money and want to try my first tube amp. 

Nov 21, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #82 of 85

Quote:
Little Dot products really deserve a lot more love than they get on these forums. I had their CD transport, the CDP_1... While it wasn´t perfect (slow input), it had a really good sound way above its price range. The customer support from David was also one of the best I´ve ever had. Their tube amps are, judging from what I´ve read / components used, the best value in the tube amplifier world. A balanced amplifier at ~700 dollars + shipping is really completely unheard of really. I´ll definately go for one of their tube products when I have some extra money and want to try my first tube amp. 

If you look at all the LD threads over the last year or two you will find plenty of love for many of there units.

Some just hate the fact that they can produce a great product at a great price.

Nov 21, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #84 of 85
Quote:
Funny LD has such little popularity here, probably owing to its Chinese origins.

Quote:
Little Dot products really deserve a lot more love than they get on these forums.

Quote:
If you look at all the LD threads over the last year or two you will find plenty of love for many of there units.

Quote:
True... My choice of words wasn´t really good. What I meant is that Little Dot tube amps should be a current "flavor of the month" here :) They deserve it...

different products and manufacturers go in and out of favor around here. if you go back a few years the earlier LD products were quite popular and got plenty of attention.
creek was popular at one time and then stopped getting discussed. their obh 21se is quite a good amp that's almost invisible on h-f at this point.
you guys are certainly letting whoever cares to see these threads how much you like LD's amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back