Woo Audio WA5/WA5 LE owners
Oct 30, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #16 of 462
Just moved up from the WA 22 2nd Gen. to the WA 5LE, Just need time to upgrade the tubes. All things in time....
DE4E5090-5577-46B6-B8B8-6EE2E752A686.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #18 of 462
First thing I’m going to say is congratulations that looks like a really nice tube but my bigger question would be after time can you let us know which two do you prefer your old one or this one that would really be a help to me.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #20 of 462
I took delivery of a WA5 LE 2nd Edition today and will get to run it tomorrow. Long story short I originally bought the wa22 last week but decided to send it back and do the upgrade to WA5. This is the first time experiencing Woo products but should I expect? This will definitely be an upgrade from the Schiit MJ2.

Anybody running their WA5 with ZMF Auteurs or the Verite? How's the synergy?

Attachments

• tempImageGrNKOc.jpg
    tempImageGrNKOc.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Mar 11, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #21 of 462
I took delivery of a WA5 LE 2nd Edition today and will get to run it tomorrow. Long story short I originally bought the wa22 last week but decided to send it back and do the upgrade to WA5. This is the first time experiencing Woo products but should I expect? This will definitely be an upgrade from the Schiit MJ2.

I can't speak on the synergy with that combination but I will say I started out with the wa 22 has it for a little over a year, then up graded to the WA 5LE as well, and I'm very pleased with that move. I'm running it mostly with the Utopia & HEKse.

Mar 11, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #22 of 462
What’s the KEKse? I’m thinking about investing in some planars to go along with my Auteurs and was looking at the HE1000 V2. Anyway I get to use my new amp later today and can’t wait.

Did you find burn in necessary for yours? Lastly, before I go down the tube rabbit hole I’m going to enjoy the stock tubes for awhile.

Mar 11, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #23 of 462
Did you find burn in necessary for yours? Lastly, before I go down the tube rabbit hole I’m going to enjoy the stock tubes for awhile.

Initial break-in period is beneficial, typically 150 hrs. Nothing special you need to do, we recommend to enjoy the amplifier with music as normal. The sound will improve with every use. The supplied tubes are high quality and great sounding. It is what we use at trade shows. No rush to upgrade the tubes....

Mar 12, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #24 of 462
I'm the loving owner of a WA5 Gen 1, can't say enough good things about it. Sonically, visually, you name it. But I'm curious if anyone finds themselves pining away for a WA33? I've never heard one but from reviews what I read is that the WA5 sounds like a superb tube amp whereas the WA33 sounds like a SS amp with tube qualities. So it comes down to whether you prefer the sonics of the 300b or the 2a3 tube better. Understood that's a gross over simplification. I'm trying to ignore the siren song of the WA33 and could use some help doing so. Thanks!

Mar 12, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #25 of 462
I'm the loving owner of a WA5 Gen 1, can't say enough good things about it. Sonically, visually, you name it. But I'm curious if anyone finds themselves pining away for a WA33? I've never heard one but from reviews what I read is that the WA5 sounds like a superb tube amp whereas the WA33 sounds like a SS amp with tube qualities. So it comes down to whether you prefer the sonics of the 300b or the 2a3 tube better. Understood that's a gross over simplification. I'm trying to ignore the siren song of the WA33 and could use some help doing so. Thanks!
Interested in this as well. I'm in the same boat. Please, someone tell me I'm good where I'm at and don't "need" a WA33 :)

Mar 12, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #26 of 462
I also have a WA5LE ver 2 and I never hear a WA33, and I do like the sound of the 300B tubes and ready don’t want to going down that rabbit hole. I’m just going to enjoy my WA5LE, also just order the 300B western electric tubes for it, and looking forward to hearing what they bring to the table.

Mar 12, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #27 of 462

I've used the WA5 with both the Auteurs and both versions of the Verite, with excellent results. Colossal soundstage, much better tone/timbre, especially when compared to the MJ2.

Mar 12, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #28 of 462
What’s the KEKse? I’m thinking about investing in some planars to go along with my Auteurs and was looking at the HE1000 V2. Anyway I get to use my new amp later today and can’t wait.

That's a great idea; you need to be familiar with what you have, before you can upgrade confidently. I have the EML XL 300b, and absolutely love them!

Mar 12, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #29 of 462
Do it.
I've used the WA5 with both the Auteurs and both versions of the Verite, with excellent results. Colossal soundstage, much better tone/timbre, especially when compared to the MJ2.
I can’t turn it off! This sounds amazing with my Auteurs. IMHO something was definitely missing with the MJ2.

if you get a chance listen to the Hadouk Trio‘s Utopies. Incredible!

Mar 12, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #30 of 462
Do it.

I can’t turn it off! This sounds amazing with my Auteurs. IMHO something was definitely missing with the MJ2.

if you get a chance listen to the Hadouk Trio‘s Utopies. Incredible!
Will do, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back