1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

woo audio wa2 or wa6 or asus xonar essence one for hd800

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by sonic boom, Apr 17, 2012.
  1. SONIC BOOM
    hello,

the title says it all what would do you guys think would be better for hd800s, a asus xonar essence one or a woo audio wa2 and a dac ~$300 or a wa6 and a dac thats ~$400-$500 in price?

Thanks in advance 
                                                                                                 SONIC BOOM

2. Draygonn
    For the HD800s I would go with a WA2 and Centrance Dacport LX or HRT Music Streamer II+.

3. SONIC BOOM
    Is there a dac thats would be available too buy in a store in the nyc area?

4. telecaster
    Why do you want anything asus in your audio chain? Especially with the HD800 which are gorgeous!

5. SONIC BOOM

Quote:
    are they not good for hd800s?

6. SONIC BOOM
    anyone else with input?

7. derbigpr
    Quote:

Um, because its not overpriced like most gear from "audiophile" manufacturers.

8. Dubstep Girl
    WA2.

9. qqexpress
    Haha, honestly I could see why people are so hesitant to want anything ASUS branded on their audio gear, but I have the E1 and use it with my HD800 and really enjoy the sound sig. I feel it gives a little warmth and sense of musicality to the very analytical HD800's. Is it the best dac/amp combo for the 800's? By no means. But if you are looking for something decent then you should give it a try.

10. ericohgb
    Dear friend,
    If you like your sound warm, and just need the amp section, pair it with the WA2 (I did it in the past).
    If you like a more neutral presentation, and you also need the DAC, go with the ASUS. It's better than people say. It suprised me in a positive way.
    Regards,
    Erico