Woo Audio WA11 Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
May 6, 2018 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 774

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.​

New York based Woo Audio has been making tube audio gear since they were founded in 2004. Today they're showing two firsts for them:
  • Their first truly portable amp (and DAC)
  • Their first solid state amp.
We take a look at this new, tentatively-named Woo Audio WA11 PASSPORT.

NOTE: Sorry we did not include pricing information in the video, but we weren't sure if the pricing info we have is tentative or final. We were told US retail will be $1399, and that intro price will be offered at $1189 shipped. We'll all have to wait for Woo Audio to confirm final details about all that.

Woo Audio WA11 Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV - produced by Brian Murphy, Joe Cwik, and Jude Mansilla

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 774
Thanks Jude and your team for putting up a great video in such a short time. We have been holding our breath for a while. Here is the product page you can get more information for the WA11 PASSPORT.

https://wooaudio.com/amplifiers/wa11

All my best,
Jack

May 6, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 774
looking forward comparaison with the WA8... :wink:

May 6, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #7 of 774
I'm very interested in learning more about this amp. Just not looking forward to procuring more pricey adapters in order to take advantage of the balanced inputs and outputs.
Will this amp only come in the black finish? It's ok with me. I have my gold WA8 whenever I want some bling.

May 6, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #8 of 774
May 6, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #9 of 774
4.4mm balanced in and out! I'm glad more companies are adopting it!
USB-C! Sweet.

Can't wait to see what a SS Woo amp sounds like!

This fed by a compact portable (battery powered) Roon Bridge would make for a very nice 'round the house' balanced-out rig I've been desiring to drive my iSine 20s. Yes, USB-C is nice to see. But the 4.4mm plug means either an adapter or a new cable.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #13 of 774
But the 4.4mm plug means either an adapter or a new cable.

Not for people like me who is already all 4.4mm ready in the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back