Woo Audio comes to Melbourne for all Australian Head-Fiers
Nov 15, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #16 of 28
Gwarmi, do you happen to be A2A's representative? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #17 of 28

Quote:
biggrin.gif

I think it's more a case of A2A just doing a great job of what they're doing - giving Melbourne headphone fans a chance to audition gear and buy locally with quick shipping and good support.

George and the team are really committed to introducing quality headphone sound to Melbourne punters.

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #18 of 28

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Worse, much worse, I'm just a big fan of what they have to offer 
smile.gif

Melbourne has never had much, just crumbs that fall off the table of
the big stereo stores that when you come in for a headphone, it's
like walking into a 3-star restaurant, asking for a table, a basket
of complimentary bread and then the bill. You end up being treated
badly.

I won't name the store, but when I bought my K601's from a very
well known store down here, the banter over the phone was quite
friendly, unfortunately when I picked them up and asked a question,
I was politely told that a gentleman behind my shoulder was keen to buy
a $20,000 pair of Focal floor-standers and that it was best for all
that I moved on post haste. 

George is passionate about service and anyone who meets him
personally or speaks to him over the phone realises that pretty
quickly. No one else in the country is prepared to put their money
where their mouth is by building the state of the art audition room
he has on offer to the public.

Helps that it's my second home though, that's how you guys get
the news first hand! 

I will say this though, you'd think with STAX and Woo as announcements
the best has already been mentioned - There's still a few goodies left
to come very soon.

darthsmile.gif

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #19 of 28

Quote:
I think it's more a case of A2A just doing a great job of what they're doing - giving Melbourne headphone fans a chance to audition gear and buy locally with quick shipping and good support.

George and the team are really committed to introducing quality headphone sound to Melbourne punters.

I agree, like I said in previous posts their customer service is far better than Apple. He just sounds like one. 
biggrin.gif
 And that's a complement.

Nov 15, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #20 of 28
Wow, had to dust off an old unloved account to post.
My interest level has gone up few notches. I've been thinking about Woo Amps on and off for a while, but always turned off at the prospect.
Correct me if my math is wrong, but without factoring postage. The price direct is 3.5% paypal fee + 10% tax upon import for being over $1k (lets assume no shady undervaluing taking place).

I've raised 1.5 eyebrows over the local price listing. It's pretty competitive, the local support pretty much closes it. The impression I've gotten from this thread is that these are actually pre orders. Correct?
I think I'll go ask some questions in that woo thread now.

Nov 15, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #21 of 28

Quote:
My interest level has gone up few notches. I've been thinking about Woo Amps on and off for a while, but always turned off at the prospect.
Correct me if my math is wrong, but without factoring postage. The price direct is 3.5% paypal fee + 10% tax upon import for being over $1k (lets assume no shady undervaluing taking place).

I've raised 1.5 eyebrows over the local price listing. It's pretty competitive, the local support pretty much closes it. The impression I've gotten from this thread is that these are actually pre orders. Correct?

Stock should land in about 3 weeks, but yes assuming people fill the 'CART' on the website then they could be sold and spoken for by the time it lands.

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #22 of 28

Quote:

And don't forget, the weaker the $AUD gets against the $USD, the better the price looks. Now, to resist adding a tube amp to my SS Concerto... 

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #23 of 28
Chatting to George at A2A next week ~ Open question for you tube lovers

Would you source your own tubes for rolling or is it something you'd like to
see at A2A as well to complement the Woo range?

All units for now ship with the stock specification tubes.

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #24 of 28

Quote:
Chatting to George at A2A next week ~ Open question for you tube lovers

Would you source your own tubes for rolling or is it something you'd like to
see at A2A as well to complement the Woo range?

All units for now ship with the stock specification tubes.

A woo amp would be a first for me as far as valves / tubes would go. I personally, don't see myself as much of a roller (I suppose others have said that). But I could see the benefit of a 'same source' for fresh valves. Tube enthusiasts probably only know where to go and what to look for when it comes to valves. Newcomers probably need a bid of direction and subtle prodding.
Also noted that headphone stands are now listed too.

Dec 18, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #27 of 28
Regarding tube rolling, the best thing A2A can do is offer people to try this, people who hear the difference from a high end tube WILL end up purchasing it.
So basically, setting up a SS vs standard tube vs Upgraded tube area would assist, problem is - demo stock cost

I know for a fact that I will be trying some Stock unbalanced vs unbalanced vs Balanced testing at A2A, cause that WA22 + balanced looks hawt.

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #28 of 28
Hey Everyone,

The rest of the Woo Audio gear arrived today :)

We also received our shipment of the Portable Ray Samuels Range today.

Cheers,

George

Addicted To Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back