Woo Audio comes to Melbourne for all Australian Head-Fiers
Nov 14, 2011 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Gwarmi

Headphoneus Supremus

This announcement will no doubt excite some tube loving Aussie Head-Fiers..

Woo Audio is coming to Addicted to Audio in Melbourne.

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Woo-Audio

The current range of headphone amplifers on offer all the way from New York, USA includes :-

WA3, WA6, WA6 SE, WA2 and the WA22.

I'm sure you'll all agree that the pricing is excellent for a product that 
 up until now has only been available via private import.

A2A will be offering these units with full Australian warranty and after sales support.

Shipment is set to arrive on December 12th 2011.

Nov 14, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 28
im not from australia but this is awesome!!!!

so is this the first time woo is selling via a distributor rather than directly?

Nov 14, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #3 of 28

Quote:
im not from australia but this is awesome!!!!

so is this the first time woo is selling via a distributor rather than directly?

First things first 
o2smile.gif

A2A I believe yes are the first retailer in Australia to bring a shipment for retail sale and stand by the product
with warranty and after sale support. Pretty cool! Then let's see what happens with distributorship!

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 28
They have WA3, WA6, WA6 SE, WA2 and the WA22 in stock now on their website! Prices are about the same as ordering direct from Woo in NY, except they offer easier after sales service than having to send items back to the US.

Nov 14, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #5 of 28

No doubt some Aussies will be having a very Woo Christmas! 

Santa the tube amplifier man may arrive before December 12th, I'll keep you guys posted
if it all lands before that date. Pre-orders to secure stock as stated above are available as of now.

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 28

Quote:
Wow, Audio Addiction is really coming through for us in Melbourne.

Addicted to Audio 
smile.gif
 Audio Addiction is a Hi Fi store selling stereo gear in Brisbane, not the same people.

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #8 of 28
I suppose the Woos will compete with Burson head on and give them a run for the money in the Australian market.

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #9 of 28
Exactly what I was thinking ~

Burson 160 flys out the door for $616AUD but for $731AUD, the tube option is there for a Woo Audio 6.

Nov 15, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:
It's good shipping's free... even the WA6 weighs a tonne (although it is built like a tank) so Auspost will probably charge some ridiculous amount for postage.

"Nothing is free" - the shipping cost is buried in the price.  Fundamental "Econ 101."

... though, I suppose those that are more distant from Woo Audio's operations, do get a "break" in that a portion of their shipping cost is being paid by those less distant from Woo Audio's operations - the shipping cost is being shifted from "distant buyers" to "nearby buyers." 

Nov 15, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #13 of 28
Shipping is part of the price, but Australia nationwide A2A has an express account with Australia Post, it's part of their
business practice ~ express overnight freight.

Anyone can see the freight details in a price comparison and it remains very reasonable indeed.

$620USD for a Woo 6 straight of Woo headquarters in New York versus $731AUD landed out of Addicted to Audio in Melbourne.

It's a fair price with all the perks of product insurance if it goes wrong within warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back