Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Sep 27, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #35,358 of 42,299
I know the ecc33 has a higher mu amplification then the 6sn7's plate voltage is the same I was thinking of giving the mullard ecc33's a try but too pricey for my taste.. 

Ecc31s with adapter is better price. Will have a set soon and let everyone know how they sound.

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #35,361 of 42,299
Really!!! $1000 price hike, $3700 base and the WA5 LE can't have it own faceplate without the SPK label?? You guys have to put a stop to prevent the switch going to that setting. Talk about cheap.

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #35,362 of 42,299
Really!!! $1000 price hike, $3700 base and the WA5 LE can't have it own faceplate without the SPK label?? You guys have to put a stop to prevent the switch going to that setting. Talk about cheap.

Okay I understand your point, but analyzing the true value of the original WA5/LE they were given away. When compared to other so call high end manufactures they would have sold them for two maybe three times the price.

Where could or can you have been able to get the built quality at these prices.  They are custom built like a tank with the finest selection of materials and point to point wiring to explicit detail. So again when I say value with features which ultimately turn/relate to benefits and merely knowing that us consumer such as myself of the product have been given a fantastic 300b amp relatively a give away at Woo's expense!

Enjoy music!

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #35,366 of 42,299
  Okay I understand your point, but analyzing the true value of the original WA5/LE they were given away. When compared to other so call high end manufactures they would have sold them for two maybe three times the price.

Where could or can you have been able to get the built quality at these prices.  They are custom built like a tank with the finest selection of materials and point to point wiring to explicit detail. So again when I say value with features which ultimately turn/relate to benefits and merely knowing that us consumer such as myself of the product have been given a fantastic 300b amp relatively a give away at Woo's expense!

Enjoy music!

eek.gif
Woo charges enough for their amps. There is some competition now.

I often think they are being cheeky with their pricing.
$16K for a WA234. Really???
confused.gif
It is only a 300B and 6SN7 tube amp.

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #35,368 of 42,299
  I agree the WA234 is quite expense and is hard to justify that price.  However the discussion is the WA5/LE.

and there plenty of competition. The price doesn't need to rocket up.

This was a good point also.

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #35,369 of 42,299
Maybe WA5LE is good value, maybe not, I'm just saying for $4000 it's nice to not being reminded constantly that's there another version out there.  Also if you have guests coming over looking over your fancy $4+K amp, trying to switch to speaker mode to no avail, to only realize that it's there because the manufacture won't spend the effort to create another face plate without the label... don't know, maybe it's just me, but it screams cheap. 

At least the old WA5LE have it's own front face plate, the old WA5LE reused the WA5 rear plate with the speaker holes closed out, it's OK because it's in the rear.  So now Woo for some reason decided to make separate rear plate for WA5LE vs. WA5, but can't be bother making different front plate!!?? and it's not like the two are complete different like the old WA5LE, this is just one label! weird.. oh well..  I'm not going to push this topic any further.

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #35,370 of 42,299
  Maybe WA5LE is good value, maybe not, I'm just saying for $4000 it's nice to not being reminded constantly that's there another version out there.  Also if you have guests coming over looking over your fancy $4+K amp, trying to switch to speaker mode to no avail, to only realize that it's there because the manufacture won't spend the effort to create another face plate without the label... don't know, maybe it's just me, but it screams cheap. 

At least the old WA5LE have it's own front face plate, the old WA5LE reused the WA5 rear plate with the speaker holes closed out, it's OK because it's in the rear.  So now Woo for some reason decided to make separate rear plate for WA5LE vs. WA5, but can't be bother making different front plate!!?? and it's not like the two are complete different like the old WA5LE, this is just one label! weird.. oh well..  I'm not going to push this topic any further.

Point made and maybe Woo will take constructed criticism and modified/correct concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back