1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by dannie01, Jun 9, 2009.
  1. dstubked
    I just sold my WA22 and will be making the switch to a WA5-LE.

Just wondering if the Mullards ECC35 plays well with the WA5? I love those tubes on my WA22.

What about good 300Bs that don't cost an arm or leg?

In terms of tube rolling on the WA5, which set of tubes when changed will give the most noticeable difference?

Thanks all!

2. musicman59
    I spent sometime with the WA33 Elite Edition at Axpona using the Focal Utopia which are very sensitive and the amp was death quiet. I don't think you need to worry about hiss with the WA33.

HoloSpice and joseph69 like this.
  3. joseph69
    Great to hear. Thanks for the reassurance. Hopefully I'll know sooner than later. :)

HoloSpice likes this.
  4. joseph69
    Was is this the 'stock' tubes or the 'upgraded tubes'?

5. musicman59
    Stock tubes and still sounded impressive to the point that I going to try to raise the funds to order one and get back into the Woo family again.

joseph69 likes this.
  6. JLoud
    For 300b tubes that don't cost a fortune, might want to look at EML tubes. I picked up a pair for $690 with shipping. From Tubesusa.com. Been using them for about 6 months. Really like them.

7. Majestiic
    My WA33 is silent as well with stock tubes and when using upgraded driver tubes and rectifier. I have yet to change the power tubes.

8. joseph69
    Thank you as well for the reassurance. :beerchug:

9. Nicholasheadfi2
    I just purchased the marconi u52 rectifier for the wa6se and man this beauty is amazing in every way imaginable by far the best that I have used so far by a long way " my question is has anyone used the u52 in the se and what driver/power tubes have you guys used with it ?
    I am currently using the 12sn7s with the u52 but any opinions on great combinations that work really well together would love your feedback .
    Cheers headfiers.

10. Maalis
    I thought 12SN7s were not compatible with the SE?

11. joseph69
    Woo Audio; "For WA6 2nd Gen only."

12. Maalis
  13. Nicholasheadfi2
    they are compatible with the 2nd gen wa6se .

joseph69 likes this.
  14. joseph69
    What do you think I posted? Look here for tube compatibility.

Thank you.

15. Maalis
    Yeah, it says WA6, not WA6-SE.