Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 24, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #30,051 of 42,299
I misunderstood the compatibility chart, it does say WA6 only!
I thought it said the adapters where (not) needed for the 6-S/E, but needed for the 6... sorry.

No problem and after seeing the pictures, these are compatible with the 6SE as they aren't 6SN7s after all.

If you look at where the alternate tubes are listed for the 6, a number of them are specifically called out as incompatible with the 6SE. I agree with you that the compatibility chart isn't entirely clear.

Glad you're enjoying your new amp!

May 24, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #30,052 of 42,299

DG, I am guessing those are TSBG 6F8G's ? The TS 6F8G'S have some of the best soundstage & airiness for highs but TSBGRP 6SN7 gives slightly more bass punch on my WA22. Try the TSBGRP with HD800 if you get a chance. But the Mullard / Phillips CV181 is the ultimate, it has best of everything.

edit: I just realised I am giving Tube advice to DG
redface.gif
. Please don't mind me , just excited that you are one officially of us again.

yeah TS 6F8G, i agree, i need to get regular BGRP 6SN7 or ideally CV181, but yeah they're very expensive, it'll be a while before i buy any better tubes. a pair of 422A or u52 would also be nice.

May 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #30,054 of 42,299
No problem and after seeing the pictures, these are compatible with the 6SE as they aren't 6SN7s after all.

If you look at where the alternate tubes are listed for the 6, a number of them are specifically called out as incompatible with the 6SE. I agree with you that the compatibility chart isn't entirely clear.

Glad you're enjoying your new amp!

Thank you. And it is a little confusing!

6SN7​
Yes​
For WA6 only. A 8-pin to 9-pin adapter is needed.

6SN7​
Yes​
For WA6 only. A 8-pin to 9-pin adapter is needed.

May 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #30,060 of 42,299

I really liked some of the 6sn7's , especially the Sophia 6sn7, on the WA6. Time to change your profile pic Joseph
wink.gif

I also really liked the Sylvania 6SN7 WGTA that I used…but can't anymore, unfortunately.
Yes, I will change the avatar, but first I have some nice plans for the 6-S/E, which will take a little time though. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back