Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #30,016 of 42,299

I will take some pics next week. First I'm at the Prince Concert in Antwerp, then I'll take some pics later on.

A question - I hooked the WA6 to my external sound card (Nuforce DAC) - how loud should the DAC be? And is it okay to use the headphone out of the nuforce for the WA6?
(is there actually any difference between the headphone out and the chinch outputs on the back?)

May 23, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #30,017 of 42,299
A question - I hooked the WA6 to my external sound card (Nuforce DAC) - how loud should the DAC be? And is it okay to use the headphone out of the nuforce for the WA6? (is there actually any difference between the headphone out and the chinch outputs on the back?)

Please connect the WA6 to the RCA out's at the back of the dac. Connecting the HP out of a DAC to another HP amp is absolutely the last possible option to be used (if you really cannot afford a dac with a fixed line out) & strictly a no-no...

May 23, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #30,018 of 42,299

I will take some pics next week. First I'm at the Prince Concert in Antwerp, then I'll take some pics later on.

A question - I hooked the WA6 to my external sound card (Nuforce DAC) - how loud should the DAC be? And is it okay to use the headphone out of the nuforce for the WA6?

(is there actually any difference between the headphone out and the chinch outputs on the back?)

Dac turned all the way up.

Control volume one amp.

At-least that's how I've always done it

May 23, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #30,019 of 42,299

turn it up before distortions begin, lower it so no more distortion and keep it there.

May 23, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #30,020 of 42,299
My tea tin cleaned monthly, the way it is going I will never able to afford a WA5 and LCD-3.
mad.gif

I'm thinking if I switch to a diet of tea & ramen for 6 months then maybe, just maybe... 
rolleyes.gif

May 23, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #30,021 of 42,299
Please connect the WA6 to the RCA out's at the back of the dac. Connecting the HP out of a DAC to another HP amp is absolutely the last possible option to be used (if you really cannot afford a dac with a fixed line out) & strictly a no-no...

Good to know and thank you!
The Nuforce does have both, but the RCA were already in use for my Audioengine A5s.

I think I will change that now after I get back home. Is there any good quality switch for RCA? A few weeks ago I bought the HD800 and now the WA6,so my wallet has seen some better days... :wink:

May 23, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #30,022 of 42,299
I'm thinking if I switch to a diet of tea & ramen for 6 months then maybe, just maybe... :rolleyes:
I hear ya'. Get rid of girlfriend. Stop driving car. Ramen and tea. Check! It's gonna take more than six months for a WA5 and some Audeze's. The numbers don't lie.

May 23, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #30,023 of 42,299

I hear ya'. Get rid of girlfriend. Stop driving car. Ramen and tea. Check! It's gonna take more than six months for a WA5 and some Audeze's. The numbers don't lie.

Since one typically eats less in hot weather I'll get off to a fast start... 
normal_smile .gif
 already have re-cabled HE-6 cans, so one down and one to go!

May 23, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #30,025 of 42,299
I use the Audioquest Hard RCA splitter out of my DAC.  No SQ degradation that I can hear but I run either the amp or my desktop speaker.

http://www.audioquest.com/custom-install/splitters-connectors

Quote:
The Nuforce does have both, but the RCA were already in use for my Audioengine A5s.
Is there any good quality switch for RCA? A few weeks ago I bought the HD800 and now the WA6,so my wallet has seen some better days...
wink.gif

May 23, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #30,026 of 42,299

Back in the club but went with an old friend
Thanks to the gentleman who was willing to let go
Have not been using my Grados since I sold my woos
Sophia on desk and hoping the 596 survived storage
Hoping to use it more this time around

May 23, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #30,028 of 42,299

Let this be a lesson to all of us.

May 23, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #30,029 of 42,299

beerchug.gif

May 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #30,030 of 42,299
as for me....my woo just arrived!!!

im surprised my $20 walmart shelf is actually holding the giant woos quite well, i would think the plastic legs would of broken or the cheap wood snapping, lol im gonna get something nicer soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back