1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by dannie01, Jun 9, 2009.
  1. lannik
    enjoy the wa5 + 800 combo, didn't try T1 yet and tube selections [​IMG] 

2. jc9394

Too much for my current need and not enough time to listening to justify keeping it.

3. Pudu
    Try the WA3. :D

4. 62ohm
    It genuinely staggers me on how the vast majority of Head-Fi's population steers away from the WA3. I'm using it to drive HD800 and T1 with Tung Sol 7236 & Tesla 7DJ8 and IMO sounds very good for the money.

5. Pudu
    It was going to be my first amp, but then a second hand WA2 came up for sale very close to me (and on the same side of the border) so ...

6. jc9394

Hummm, from WA5LE to WA3? Interesting idea.

7. Dubstep Girl
    im very close to buying a used WA5... I'm excited, since I can compare to my experiences with wa22, wa6-se, and wa2

if it disappoints, I'll look into Stratus or Glenn 2a3/300b

8. 62ohm

Looking forward for your impressions mate [​IMG]

9. punit

Are you buying HD 800 and / or T1 also ?

10. kazsud

+1

11. punit

12. jc9394

Nice, I will bring beers next time in Chicago.

13. magiccabbage
    It will be very interesting to hear another opinion on WA5/hd800. I wonder which you will prefer for the HD800 alone? 

You can tell us what you believe to be the best Woo for HD800 regardless of price. Will it top - GSXMK2/HD800? 

14. musicman59
    Just make sure you use the right tubes and not the stock ones. I have EML 300B Mesh, TSBGRP 6F8G and 596 on my LE and sounds great.

15. jc9394

X2, my WA22 with right tubes sounded better than WA5LE with stock tube. Once you rolled in upgraded tubes, WA5LE is different animal. Missed my WA5LE...