Woo Audio 234 MONO monoblock amplifier official release
Sep 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #17 of 122
  a view of the rear end would be nice.

Are you talking to me? 
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #21 of 122
Anyone care to guess price of this... thing? My pick would be somewhere between 10 000$ and 15 000$.
Integrating top tier headphone and loudspeaker amps in one (two) product has to be more than expensive I believe.

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #24 of 122
  Anyone care to guess price of this... thing? My pick would be somewhere between 10 000$ and 15 000$.
Integrating top tier headphone and loudspeaker amps in one (two) product has to be more than expensive I believe.

The estimated price was $15,000 on their website.  I would be surprised of actual cost was less than that but I think you are in the ballpark!

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #26 of 122
This is a statement product, I dont think they will ever mass produce it. At best I think they will have few made available and rest are made to order. Ofcourse the important question is who is going to purchase this?
I think 15 K for the head-fi world is really something very unreasonable. Sure it looks pretty for sure but the body alone might explain half of the product price. The trick is not to make a great sounding gear at high price but to make a great sounding product at a reasonable price. 

15 K just for a headphone amp is really something that requires some serious thinking. 

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #29 of 122
Monoblocks for headphones just makes no sense to me.  You have to adjust the volume in both channels exactly the same which will get old quick.  Steppers would make this less of a chore.  Also, I don't see any advantage in doing this.  The classic 2 chassis headphone amp setup makes much more sense since you're separating the amp circuit from the (much nosier) power supply, instead of separating channels and having a power supply in the same chassis as the amp circuit.  This also requires an extra power cord and outlet in the process.

The silver looks much better than the black one.

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #30 of 122
  Monoblocks for headphones just makes no sense to me.  You have to adjust the volume in both channels exactly the same which will get old quick.  Steppers would make this less of a chore.  Also, I don't see any advantage in doing this.  The classic 2 chassis headphone amp setup makes much more sense since you're separating the amp circuit from the (much nosier) power supply, instead of separating channels and having a power supply in the same chassis as the amp circuit.  This also requires an extra power cord and outlet in the process.

The silver looks much better than the black one.

This is not just an amp, this is suppose to be a piece of furniture/art in your living room. A lot of thing dont make sense in our audio world  but it is there for those who want it.

We are still seen heated debate on whether opamp can make a difference. 

But once again woo-audio has other product that follows the part of our hobby world which makes a little more sense.

All and all in the world of solid state vaccum tube make no sense at all but still we will see tube that sale for 400-500 or even up to 1K which measure  and objectively perform worst than their 50 cent counterpart replacement.

I guess it is a journey that our ear must experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back