Wondering about the southwest.
Jun 18, 2015 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

theHof

100+ Head-Fier
Found out today the company I work for really wants me in the office. Currently live in west Michigan, not a fan but that's another thread. The main office is in (or around? Not %100 sure) St George Utah, just a minute north of Arizona and pretty close to Nevada too. Long shot I figure anyone lives super close to around there but itd be cool if anyone does or even sort of close. I'm visiting in a couple weeks so I'm just seeing if anyone knows anything cool to check out or take pics of that isn't super obvious. Any insights or thoughts of the region would be awesome.

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #2 of 6
Well, at least visiting in July will give you a true sense of what 110 deg F really feels like. I would rather be in 110 deg without humidity than 90 deg at 90% humidity, but dry heat is still f'n hot... :wink:

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #4 of 6
If you like drinking beer, (or any alcohol) you'd better look into brewing or distilling your own. Alcohol is really expensive in Utah since it's been governed by a certain religious group for ages.

Drove the 80 back and forth to the coast a few times and usually ended up staying in SLC for a night. 15 yrs ago I remember paying a crazy amount for a 6er of Guiness at the state owned bottle shop. I want to say it was something like $15.

Then again if your close to the AZ border you may be able to cross and bring back a bit.

I hear St. George is nice but real estate is kind of pricey. I also have some triathlon friends that say the St. George Ironman course is one of the hardest Ironmans to participate in. I guess the wind gets pretty bad sometimes.

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the notes everyone! if I end up moving there looks like it's nice it's really close to AZ for booze runs haha. I have also noticed the housing prices. Looks like unless we spend a bit more than what we have in our current house we'll be getting in something a bit smaller. I can deal with a good amount of negatives with the reward of no snow. It's at least gotta be better than Florida right?! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back