Women.
Apr 23, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #61 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guarneri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about the bedroom?
wink_face.gif

Whoa! A touch of nastiness (the good kind) on this - for the most part - completely dull, boring, gear-oriented forum.

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #65 of 110
I had a good idea -- what if I get PK3's? They're earbuds, so there's no worry about whether they'll fit, reputedly great-sounding, cheap, and small enough that I don't have to worry about style -- the girls can just hide 'em under their hair.

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #66 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by used-2-rap-on-headphones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any girls on head-fi that prefer SQ over style?

are you single?

j/k, but not really. :/

Haha! Flirting on Head-Fi... oh boy...

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #67 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a good idea -- what if I get PK3's? They're earbuds, so there's no worry about whether they'll fit, reputedly great-sounding, cheap, and small enough that I don't have to worry about style -- the girls can just hide 'em under their hair.

I think it would be a good choice!

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #70 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guarneri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I said i prefer style over SQ but I'm single, what would you say?

I was sort of just curious to see if they existed on head-fi (or more than just you) as they aren't really being represented in this thread. I don't think anyone has said their girl/wife prefers SQ over Style.

But to answer you: I would question her priorities, slightly. Style is important (I have $300 jeans [worth it] and a bunch of sneakers that cost more than that [so ****ing worth it]) but I think once you evaluate why you are buying headphones one would naturally lean toward the ones that sound the best for you. You aren't buying them to make you look good or just to be an accessory. Granted, the fact that you end up wearing them makes them accessories, so sure, take style into account (there are some iem's that should never, ever be worn in public regardless of how they sound) but I think it's sort of silly to have that be your leading or only factor when making a decision. Unless, of course, you just don't care and music exists simply as a distraction, which is probably the case for most of the general public.

I don't want to be too much of a Troll, so here are some of my suggestions. These are based solely on style and color. I have no idea how any of them sound. Probably just OK.

WESC phones - so many colors
Nixon - brushed metal everwhere
Audio Technica ATH-Pro 5 - some Camo for the streetz

Or you could just go lookin through audiocubes for a while.

Apr 24, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #72 of 110
You guys have to give women a bit more credit. I for one prefer good SQ over any stupid pink or sparkly phones. We're not all just a bunch of lip-gloss wearing,shoes must-match-everything girly-girls. Some of us actually care about this stuff and take it seriously-why, some women are even-Musicians!

Apr 24, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #73 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by mglak51jk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys have to give women a bit more credit. I for one prefer good SQ over any stupid pink or sparkly phones. We're not all just a bunch of lip-gloss wearing,shoes must-match-everything girly-girls. Some of us actually care about this stuff and take it seriously-why, some women are even-Musicians!

Yeah this definitely reads to me like a what would I buy a person who I want to sleep with who doesn't care about audio.

Everything said resonates with me to guys or girls who don't get hi-end audio equipment, the directionality towards women part of it is just weird.

Apr 24, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #75 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Style >> substance... all damn day. Do I want a girl who looks good, or one who's just functional?

Easy choice, my friends.

wink.gif

i will take both, thanks, easy :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back