Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Nov 21, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #916 of 947
Quote:
Bummer 
confused.gif
 but ohh well, still going to buy it, probably just use touchwiz, or AOKP if it works.

Honestly TouchWiz isn't as bad as it gets made out to be, in recent iterations it has really added a lot of useful features. You can always use an alternate launcher like Nova to replace the UI but retain TouchWiz features.

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #919 of 947
Does Anyone know if the note 2 has a Wolfson DAC like the s3

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #921 of 947
Quote:

Honestly TouchWiz isn't as bad as it gets made out to be, in recent iterations it has really added a lot of useful features. You can always use an alternate launcher like Nova to replace the UI but retain TouchWiz features.

true, but im just a little worried about battery life, i hear touchwiz takes a lot of battery life, btw this is going to be my 1st smartphone

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #922 of 947
A lot of what you read on the phone forums about battery life can be ignored. Everyone whines about not having the latest UI features. the brightest display, or the fastest video, then complains that the battery life is worse on "ROM version N+1" than on "ROM version N." They also flash a new ROM and whine that the battery life stinks compared to what they had been running for the last month or year, neglecting to think that they have been "playing around" with their phone pretty heavily with the new ROM. 

The reality is that you have a pocket computer that is more powerful than desktops a couple years ago, running off a battery. Yes, it will get hot and the battery will drain when you use it. "Ain't no gettin' around pissix." If you pay attention to what you have running in the background when you're not using the phone (Better Battery Stats perhaps the best tool for determining that), you'll get decent life.

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #923 of 947
I have been getting much better battery with Sammy based ROMs (Touchwiz) compared to CM Has anyone tried this yet...looks interesting with the inclusion of Sony´s Clearbass! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2002197

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #925 of 947
Nov 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #929 of 947
Quote:
true, but im just a little worried about battery life, i hear touchwiz takes a lot of battery life, btw this is going to be my 1st smartphone

I have had the S3 for about a month or two now and with just a couple of easy tweaks small tweaks to save some battery life, like turning off auto brightness and disabled S-Voice, I am able to go about 2 days with moderate use before even getting close to having to charge.

Its a great phone but just an FYI, they announced a couple days ago that the Galaxy S4 will be coming out in February. This is when I suspect the S3 will be getting Jelly Bean 4.2 since that releases in December and they expect it to hit S3 early 2013 so it makes sense S4 will have it pre-installed and S3 owners will be able to get the update.

Although I have music on my phone I rarely use it for music, I finally just hooked it up yesterday via AUX in my car and it sounded damn good esp with the bass, the Virtual 7.1 actually enhanced the whole sound too.

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #930 of 947
Quote:
I have had the S3 for about a month or two now and with just a couple of easy tweaks small tweaks to save some battery life, like turning off auto brightness and disabled S-Voice, I am able to go about 2 days with moderate use before even getting close to having to charge.

Its a great phone but just an FYI, they announced a couple days ago that the Galaxy S4 will be coming out in February. This is when I suspect the S3 will be getting Jelly Bean 4.2 since that releases in December and they expect it to hit S3 early 2013 so it makes sense S4 will have it pre-installed and S3 owners will be able to get the update.

Although I have music on my phone I rarely use it for music, I finally just hooked it up yesterday via AUX in my car and it sounded damn good esp with the bass, the Virtual 7.1 actually enhanced the whole sound too.

I don't think they have announced the S4 for February actually, it has only been rumoured as far as I'm aware (same rumours last year and it didn't launch until May with release in June).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back