Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Nov 9, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #902 of 947
Cross-post from the porta-rig thread:

Sorry in advance for posting without a pic, but I can now confirm that the hakshop micro usb to micro usb host cable works as a fantastic single cable solution for those using android tablets or phones to output to the Glacier. I'll post a pic later tonight :)

Kojaku

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #903 of 947
Quote:
Cross-post from the porta-rig thread:
Sorry in advance for posting without a pic, but I can now confirm that the hakshop micro usb to micro usb host cable works as a fantastic single cable solution for those using android tablets or phones to output to the Glacier. I'll post a pic later tonight
smily_headphones1.gif

Kojaku

thumbs up

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #904 of 947
[size=x-small]Google is not really helping me with my question, so I thought I'd ask here. Can the S3 play 24/96 FLAC files? I'm using Poweramp, and it plays the file, says it's 96 kHz, but is it dumbing it down to 16 bit, or is it true 24bit file playback?[/size]

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #905 of 947
It is playing it at 16bit.

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #908 of 947
Of course I was referring to the International one, this thread was posted at the announcement of the International S3.

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #909 of 947
Can anyone tell me if the volume on the phone is supposed to be fixed when a DAC is connected- I have a Note 2 with the D-Zero and the phone volume still works (maxed out sounds harsh though)? I checked the "audio output mode" under Accessory in settings to no effect.

And thanks to NZ for the good video "how-to"- well done.

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #910 of 947
thinking about getting a s3(at&t) on black friday, and my cowon iaudio10 is bricked... can i connect and external dac on the at&t version of the s3? even if i root it, with [size=12.727272033691406px]Cyanogenmod 10[/size]

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #911 of 947
Quote:
thinking about getting a s3(at&t) on black friday, and my cowon iaudio10 is bricked... can i connect and external dac on the at&t version of the s3? even if i root it, with [size=12.72px]Cyanogenmod 10[/size]

You cannot connect an external USB DAC on Cyanogenmod ROMs at present.

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #912 of 947
Quote:
Can anyone tell me if the volume on the phone is supposed to be fixed when a DAC is connected- I have a Note 2 with the D-Zero and the phone volume still works (maxed out sounds harsh though)? I checked the "audio output mode" under Accessory in settings to no effect.

And thanks to NZ for the good video "how-to"- well done.

What player are you using? Some USB DACs will allow the playback source to control volume and EQ if the player supports it. PowerAMP does for example, and generally that is an asset if you want to use any EQ, but not always - with my Pico and the LCD-2 I get distortion if the volume on the phone is all the way up (sounds fine turned down a bit on the phone side though).

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #913 of 947
This is going to sound ignorant but what makes the S3 so great, I've owned it since it came out (I535) and I don't think it sounds that good at all.

EDIT: what rom/kernal app makes it sound good? I'm just running nightlies with the stock kernal

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #914 of 947
Quote:
This is going to sound ignorant but what makes the S3 so great, I've owned it since it came out (I535) and I don't think it sounds that good at all.

EDIT: what rom/kernal app makes it sound good? I'm just running nightlies with the stock kernal

People are using Siyah or Perseus kernels with audio tweaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back