Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Nov 3, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #887 of 947
even the meizu 4x ..that was reviewed by project 86 has the W8987 dac. 

is there any news on the oppo find 5 as of now ? 
there are a couple of first looks but nothing in particular that can give me hope! 

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #891 of 947
Quote:
Has anybody nottice that JB has more bass than ICS?

A number of people have commented on that in the sound quality thread at XDA.

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #892 of 947
Anyone using the S3 (international, if that matters) with the Siyah kernel + the exTweaks and know how it compares to a stock iPhone 4, 4s or 5? My 4 is getting near the end of its time and I'd love to go Android... but the audio issues are holding me back. I don't want to "have to" carry an amp with me if I can avoid doing so... 

Nov 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #893 of 947
I have an i9300 S3 running the latest build of Siyah.  I'm really impressed by how coherent the soundstage is with it.  The signature reminds me a bit of what my old iMod sounds like.  It's very good for the most part.  Siyah doesn't make the noise floor any better though.  If you're using efficient IEMs, I recommend a resistor adapter.  That might be a hard thing to accept coming from iPhones, which tend to be blissfully quite.

Really though, you should just embrace using an external DAC/Amp combo.  They can give you sound quality no phone headphone jack can touch.

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #898 of 947
Is this with the US or international version of the S3? I imagine the international would be using the highly-regarded Wolfson DAC, whereas the US version the not-so-highly-regarded non-Wolfson?

If it seems like the sound quality is at least on par with the iPhone, I might just switch over...

Or even to the new Nexus 4 coming out soon. Can't say no to that price...

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #899 of 947
Quote:
Well, I suppose that a high end DAC will make a difference, with Fiio E7 and Senn HD700 there is almost no difference.
S3 DLJ4+Siyah1.7rc1

yeah i had planned to get a higher end dac for pc and mobile use.but siyah is pretty good that i can wait

Quote:
Is this with the US or international version of the S3? I imagine the international would be using the highly-regarded Wolfson DAC, whereas the US version the not-so-highly-regarded non-Wolfson?

If it seems like the sound quality is at least on par with the iPhone, I might just switch over...

Or even to the new Nexus 4 coming out soon. Can't say no to that price...

i dont know if the international is better than the iphone 4 bur its pretty good. and im not sure abt the nexus since samsung devices usually have the best sound for android.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back