Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Oct 19, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #856 of 947
Quote:

Have you tried unbricking it at all? Cannot be done with ODIN?

Yep, this is worth trying, if you can get into download mode you should be able to flash a fresh ROM on there to recover it.

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #857 of 947
Nope, afraid not - cannot access anything - as if all buttons are dead - it is literally bricked...

...unless there is a super secret handshake back door way into download mode (other than holding down keys etc) or ODIN, if so, am all ears, and definitely prepared to give it a whirl...

Looking at the other posts of people that have had similar issues, it looks like am eMMC brick, which is odd, as the ROM / kernel were installed several weeks ago, and have been absolutely fine :frowning2:

...Looking forward to seeing if there are any clever ways you guys can suggest for me to get the phone registered on ODIN :)

Duncan.

Oct 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #859 of 947
Quote:
Nope, afraid not - cannot access anything - as if all buttons are dead - it is literally bricked...

...unless there is a super secret handshake back door way into download mode (other than holding down keys etc) or ODIN, if so, am all ears, and definitely prepared to give it a whirl...

Looking at the other posts of people that have had similar issues, it looks like am eMMC brick, which is odd, as the ROM / kernel were installed several weeks ago, and have been absolutely fine :frowning2:

...Looking forward to seeing if there are any clever ways you guys can suggest for me to get the phone registered on ODIN :)

Duncan.

Get a usb jig and try with it. Something like that http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MICRO-USB-JIG-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-SIII-PHONES-RECOVER-DOWNLOAD-MODE-ALL-CARRIERS-/130724488168?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D552761027642841168%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D2%26#ht_2115wt_1256
Quote:
the s3 has a 24bit dac...should i play 24bit files or dont bother?

The internal DAC may support 24bit files but Android has a limitation and outputs only 16bit 

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #861 of 947
Quote:
well that sucks lol.if only this could be fixed by rooting somehow

edit: isnt the dx100 on an android OS?

No, it can't. dx100 uses a custom kernel and a custom player app made especially for it - you won't get that with any android phone as it takes a huge amount of time and smartphone manufacturers will never invest the time and effort for something that only a handful of people use - just like the lack of usb otg support in 99% of the android smartphones. It's Google that has to work on Android and deal with its limitations but they are apparently not in a hurry. 24-bit playback is not such a huge deal though. People just can't seem to understand that sq comes mainly from how good was the music recorded and mastered and not so much from it being 24-bit. 24-bit files just take too much space and their playback just wastes the battery in hours while their advantages are very small compared to a good 16bit lossless file.

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #864 of 947
Ok so I'm hearing murmurs that there's something wrong with interworking between the pico and the international S3 (?). I thought Danny and NZ confirmed stock kernel worked fine? I have a US version so it doesn't matter, but I'm curious.

Kojaku

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #865 of 947
Quote:
Ok so I'm hearing murmurs that there's something wrong with interworking between the pico and the international S3 (?). I thought Danny and NZ confirmed stock kernel worked fine? I have a US version so it doesn't matter, but I'm curious.
Kojaku

Never worked for me on International S3 except when connected via a powered USB hub. I was using it with my US S3.

Only person who could get it working on an International S3 was Nnotis, and even then only with many reconnections, but on his last post he said even he doen't seem to be able to make it work anymore. I was not able to ever get it working that way even with >50 connections attempts, I have no idea on the cause of it working on one Int S3 but not others.

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #866 of 947
Hm I see. Well if anyone is interested, I just put my gray Pico with a BUNCH of my personal accessories for it up for sale for pretty cheap. Gotta save up for later (student audiophile w00t). My portable game is changin'. May be using a new setup in a bit involving the s3 and some reshelled TF10s...

Kojaku

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #867 of 947
Quote:
Hm I see. Well if anyone is interested, I just put my gray Pico with a BUNCH of my personal accessories for it up for sale for pretty cheap. Gotta save up for later (student audiophile w00t). My portable game is changin'. May be using a new setup in a bit involving the s3 and some reshelled TF10s...
Kojaku

triportsad.gif
 seemed like you were real eager to get the amp back which i just recased at about a $30 loss to me plus an hour of exchanging messages?  and it was just to increase the resale value?  considering you bought it used from another country, i didn't have to do any of that.

come on man.  at least wait until i ship it back to you.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Oct 26, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #868 of 947
:triportsad:  seemed like you were real eager to get the amp back which i just recased at about a $30 loss to me plus an hour of exchanging messages?  and it was just to increase the resale value?  considering you bought it used from another country, i didn't have to do any of that.

come on man.  at least wait until i ship it back to you.

K, I'll take it down. Sorry, I just needed the sale to get moving since I need to pare down my work rig because an ebay package got lost and I owe a refund. I'm sorry for the BM, Justin...xS

Kojaku

Oct 26, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #870 of 947
Quote:
What's a good, free music player app to use on my S III?

Been a while since I used any free ones...

I had used WinAmp a while back and that was reasonable, Mortplayer and Double Twist are both free also and well liked too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back