Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Oct 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #841 of 947
Quote:
Sadly, no CM based ROM supports USB audio at this time. You can install two ROMs with the latest build of the Siyah kernel though. Use a Touch wiz ROM for media and CM for everything else.

If you don't mind, which ROM are you using paired with Siyah kernel?

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #842 of 947
Quote:
Is the audio settings in the siyah kernel, the same as it will be when Voodoo get upgraded to support the s3. I have only used it with my old LG optimus 2x, and it didn't have all the sound settings.

i think itll have more options. read somewhere that siyah implemented something like a port of voodoo from the s2 which has a different dac so it should have more options available.i could be wrong...anyone else guilty of using the 3d setting?lol

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #844 of 947
Yeah I tried one of those "stock" Jelly Bean roms on my AT&T GS3. I hate little niggles in my OS though. They all had such tiny little issues, like the gallery closing when accessed from the browser, or getting hung up while connecting to wifi. I mean, stock ICS is still 90% as fast without any little nagging issues. Plus I know that DAC capability is all set on stock...

Kojaku

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #845 of 947
For those who havent tried it already...you need to at least try Liquid Jelly Bean http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1820543
Quote:
i think itll have more options. read somewhere that siyah implemented something like a port of voodoo from the s2 which has a different dac so it should have more options available.i could be wrong...anyone else guilty of using the 3d setting?lol

He used a port from the S1 which has pretty much an identical DAC...I really cant see there being many more features available if/when Voodoo comes out tbh, I mean gain control and hardware EQ are the 2 most important things in Voodoo IMO and these are working flawlessly with Siyah! 

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #846 of 947
Hello
I'm going to encode a lot of flac files to either lame vbr q0 or Nero aac q65. After doing some test listenings on my s3, I decided that the aac files is the choice, because the files are smaller without me being able to tell the difference. But what about battery consumption, are the s3 able to hardware decode both formats?

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #847 of 947
all my files are in flac and i can prolly listen to an hour of music on the bus and lose abt 2-4% battery turning on the screen everynow and then cuz i dont really use playlists im sure aac will be better.headphones are 32ohm so dont require much juice either.

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #848 of 947
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago my Galaxy S dies then I had a change to get an international S3 (I9300). When I got it in my hands I took off the original ROM and put a Jelly Bean stock with stock kernel.

So, at this moment my set of headphones are a Kiplisch S4 (outdoor use) and a Sennheiser HD555 (home use) and I'd like to know if the S3 can drive them well? Or do you guys suggest me to get a new set of headphones?

Thanks.

Edit: this is only my 4th post here...

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #850 of 947
Quote:
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago my Galaxy S dies then I had a change to get an international S3 (I9300). When I got it in my hands I took off the original ROM and put a Jelly Bean stock with stock kernel.

So, at this moment my set of headphones are a Kiplisch S4 (outdoor use) and a Sennheiser HD555 (home use) and I'd like to know if the S3 can drive them well? Or do you guys suggest me to get a new set of headphones?

Thanks.

Edit: this is only my 4th post here...

Hey,

If you install Siyah kernel it will drive them easily (it has a gain boost)...its pretty much Voodoo sound for the S3 (not sure if you had it on the S1) 

You will need to be rooted to install Siyah...theres loads of tutorials on xda and youtube etc

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #851 of 947
Quote:

Hey,

If you install Siyah kernel it will drive them easily (it has a gain boost)...its pretty much Voodoo sound for the S3 (not sure if you had it on the S1) 

You will need to be rooted to install Siyah...theres loads of tutorials on xda and youtube etc

Thanks danny93.

In S1 I had Voodoo Sound and that was great... reallly great sq... Now with S3 I will put Siyah, just have to read some tutorials and information about it =)

Tks again.

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #852 of 947
Quote:

Thanks danny93.

In S1 I had Voodoo Sound and that was great... reallly great sq... Now with S3 I will put Siyah, just have to read some tutorials and information about it =)

Tks again.

Siyah is a simple kernel flash, nothing difficult there.

My site androidnz.net has a good guide for rooting the S3, after that I would just use Mobile Odin (Pro) for flashing things on-device - makes life a lot easier.

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #854 of 947
Well, looks like I know longer own an S3...

Had what appears to be a semi-common fault come up on it (flashing blue message light, cannot turn on screen, pull battery - doesn't work at all) - cannot got into recovery mode or otherwise - which obviously means if I take it for service that they'll see its been rooted (although I did use 'Triangle Away' so I guess it depends on what the service engineers look at!??!?!?)...

...This was not from a new rom installation (had been sat with Foxhound ICS 'Final' since it was released), just a general failure...

...I guess before I condemn the S3 to total death, do you guys think that where I used Triangle Away that the service techs (assuming they don't just bin the handset) will just see that it shows as an 'official rom', and that that will be enough to stop them from stinging me for a warranty void repair??

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #855 of 947
Quote:
Well, looks like I know longer own an S3...

Had what appears to be a semi-common fault come up on it (flashing blue message light, cannot turn on screen, pull battery - doesn't work at all) - cannot got into recovery mode or otherwise - which obviously means if I take it for service that they'll see its been rooted (although I did use 'Triangle Away' so I guess it depends on what the service engineers look at!??!?!?)...

...This was not from a new rom installation (had been sat with Foxhound ICS 'Final' since it was released), just a general failure...

...I guess before I condemn the S3 to total death, do you guys think that where I used Triangle Away that the service techs (assuming they don't just bin the handset) will just see that it shows as an 'official rom', and that that will be enough to stop them from stinging me for a warranty void repair??

Have you tried unbricking it at all? Cannot be done with ODIN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back