Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Oct 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #796 of 947
Jelly bean stop supporting my car dock. All s3 international version can be upgraded to official jelly bean. If u are using a us version (AT&T, etc..) u need to wait for the official oat which is suppose to be out in oct-nov.

Also the international version has proven in many article that it is a more powerful phone even though its 1gb of ram. The gpu and CPU has core higher in many test.

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #799 of 947
Quote:
Jelly bean stop supporting my car dock. All s3 international version can be upgraded to official jelly bean. If u are using a us version (AT&T, etc..) u need to wait for the official oat which is suppose to be out in oct-nov.
Also the international version has proven in many article that it is a more powerful phone even though its 1gb of ram. The gpu and CPU has core higher in many test.

You don't have to wait for official JB for the AT&T one, I've been running it on mine for weeks.

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #800 of 947
Quote:
If anybody intrested, my old y1 dac works perfect via OTG.

I am using poweramp and SQ not bad at all.

Must say the volume (without amp, dac only) is way higher than with the internal dac.

With the y1 sound quality is better than my old iphone 4.

I think the internal dac is limited in some way, the volume is low and quality is crappy.

(I have the international version)

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #801 of 947
Must say the volume (without amp, dac only) is way higher than with the internal dac.

With the y1 sound quality is better than my old iphone 4.

I think the internal dac is limited in some way, the volume is low and quality is crappy.

(I have the international version)

To increase SQ and volume root the phone and install siyah kernel...and while your at it throw on a Jelly Bean ROM (liquid smooth ROM)

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #809 of 947
Does any one else has problems with headphone out. The supplied headset works well, but my other headphones has problems connecting. Some works after a little hazzle, and some doesn't connect at all. It seems like the plug is to short. But I newer had this problem with other devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back